Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay heavy metal fans?
This may sound a bit strange but I am a really big fan of some heavy metal music, i:e Dimmu Borgir, Marilyn Manson, Rob Halford (of course), Cradle of Filth, Slipknot, Rammstein, Ozzy, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath and many more. Don't get me wrong, this ain't the be all and end all of my musical taste. I love chart pop, I'm obsessed with Madonna (she is my ultimate fave), and I totally adore The Carpenters. I've recently discovered Antony and the Johnsons, check them out. But if you tell the average gay guy you like metal or, heaven forbid, you put some on the stereo, they look at you like you've just farted in their face. Is metal so anti-gay? Well, it probably is, but who cares? Anymore gay Rock fans among you lot?

Not a fan as such but I like to listen to Slipknot, Alice cooper, ozzy and all that stuff.

But I have a wide variety of music taste so no supprise Big Grin .

Dunno if I count into this~(!) but I like a bit of maralyn, rammstein, ozzy, alice cooper, cradle of filth, Metallica and so on.

I have wide ranging music tastes - tho I am not keen on classical or gangsta rap, or hardcore dance music. I like some R&B but not all. Will listen to most other things

My fave is probably softer rock tho. Bon Jovi being the ultimate band for me!! Then Bryan Adams etc.

Billy Wrote:This may sound a bit strange but I am a really big fan of some heavy metal music, ... Anymore gay Rock fans among you lot?
No reason for that to sound strange at all. We are individuals. I don't believe liking Kylie or musical theatre is genetically determined Rolleyes If responding only to stereotypical "gay" music was part of my sexuality, I'd have been drummed out of the club at birth. I've spent most of my life happily listening to music that most others will probably never encounter. I'm used to confused responses from others.

These days I tend not to listen to a great deal of other people's music, but I always love to be surprised by something unexpected and interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing Curved Air, The Groundhogs, Wishbone Ash and Focus during October. None of them as heavy as the bands you mention, Billy, but they kept heavy company in their day. I just hope they will not be relying on back catalogue only and have used the intervening years to produce at least some new music. The Groundhogs were one of the bands I made a point of going to see whenever they played anywhere near me.

I used to love Alice Cooper's music, particularly the original band and particularly the third and fourth albums. For me "I'm Eighteen" is probably where I am in my head, although I do consider "Poison", which obviously came much later, to be the most expertly crafted rock song. Of the other bands you mentioned I did see Sabbath and Priest in the very early 70s (along with hundreds of other bands) and enjoyed Anthony and the Johnsons a couple of years ago. When I was seventeen I did a solo support act for the Pink Fairies, who claimed to be the loudest band around at the time, which might explain a lot :eek: Let's face it, any heavy rock band with a drummer named Twink ...

marshlander Wrote:...When I was seventeen I did a solo support act for the Pink Fairies, who claimed to be the loudest band around at the time, which might explain a lot :eek: Let's face it, any heavy rock band with a drummer named Twink ...

LOL... That's my man Laugh Wink

I love my rock/metal Rammstein,Aiden,Avenged Sevenfold,36 Crazyfists etc etc etc Marliyn Mansons give and take tho he tries a bit too hard too be different tho i loooved "The Nobodies" [Image: hatsoffxy7-1.gif]

Hey Billy,

My mum bought me up on the Carpenters, I absolutely adore them, I have all their albums (I think)

[Image: thumbsup.gif]

I like a bit of Nightwish, Alice Cooper, Marliyn Manson & Ozzy Osbourne!

Star Sister - I have all the Carpenters albums and Karens solo album, I absolutely love her voice.

Maffyew - I love Nightwish, but the new singer is dreadful. Bring back Tarja!

Haha i hate the new singer as well Billy! Bring back Tarja!