Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay is not a synonym for coward
This digital card business has decided to add Day againtst Homophobia in its listings of things to celebrate. The day is May 17th... I think I didn't really know...
Here's one card. I don't know if you'll get it?
http://www.dromadaire.com/w/descr/133_jo...230;.shtml
The last caption asks: What about you? Where are you in the scale of evolution?

posterpicture Wrote:Gay is defiantly not a synonym for coward.

How can you be a coward when you can stand against so many hatred, and bias of homophobia?
How can a gay person be a coward if he has the bravery to admit to himself what he likes is not wrong even many people tell him that he was born in sin?
How can an open gay teenager be a coward if he can go through high school with bullying and hating without the help of parents, teachers and counselors?,
How can a gay man be a coward if he can face the his family, friends, and other people that he love to come out to them as an honest man despite of the fact that he may loose all of them after that?
How can a lesbian be a coward if she can accept the fact that she may never be able to be a mother?
How can many many members of the LGBT community be coward if they are all together standing against "the right thing" which society has been telling us over the last hundreds year.

I personally can't hit anything in the distance of 1-2 yards due to my near sight and clumsiness. I may not be able to take down a man in a bare hand fight. I may never engage myself in a street fight, and I can't hurt anyone because my religion told me so (Buddhism).
But I know I am not a coward every time the 3 words "I am gay" come out of my mouth. Smile

Admirable post, thanks, sweetie...Confusedmile: