Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay journalist castrated and murdered in NY
Pix Wrote:My guess is severe mental illness.

I'm still glad he's likely to be locked away for the rest of his life as I doubt psychiatry currently has the ability to treat someone like him so that he's not a menace to society.

I'm sure he'll try to be extradited to Portugal, where criminal penalties are much less severe. I don't think he's going to succeed, though.

I still can't believe this really happened, everything seems so pointless and absurd.

65 and 21? Isn't there a reason we have something called AGE APPROPRIATE? I have a friend that was in that sort of fix - 55/20. They could not get along and it ended in a meltdown. I ended up with the kid. I am 60! I see this kid and nothing clicks! Nice kid but NO commonality at all! So I am not surprised at the chain of events. Do I smell entrapment and seduction here? And by whom?
EPILOGE: He lasted here for less than 48 hours and is now with his mother. She has my sympathies!
One thing I learned is that gay relationships are INTENSE and it takes a LOT of strength to make them work. They are intensely wonderful, intensely supportive, or intensely volatile, intensely dangerous. There seems to be no middle ground. Intense love or intense hate. Why is that? God, I hope I am wrong!

Hm disturbing. Maybe this young man had an issue with being gay, and this act exorcised his "gay demons" thats what i thought, i didnt take his saying of demons literally.

On your strange points, im reminded of an equally disturbing case in germany, two men met on the internet with the specific point of one of them being eaten, the victim had his penis cut of, willingly, then the guy took it downstairs to cook, while the "victim" bled to death. (Sweet dreams folks)

jimbopdxus Wrote:65 and 21? Isn't there a reason we have something called AGE APPROPRIATE? I have a friend that was in that sort of fix - 55/20. They could not get along and it ended in a meltdown. I ended up with the kid. I am 60! I see this kid and nothing clicks! Nice kid but NO commonality at all! So I am not surprised at the chain of events. Do I smell entrapment and seduction here? And by whom?
EPILOGE: He lasted here for less than 48 hours and is now with his mother. She has my sympathies!
One thing I learned is that gay relationships are INTENSE and it takes a LOT of strength to make them work. They are intensely wonderful, intensely supportive, or intensely volatile, intensely dangerous. There seems to be no middle ground. Intense love or intense hate. Why is that? God, I hope I am wrong!
You may be right, Jim, but from my current experience, the relationship is only the first two adjectives: intensely wonderful, highly supportive, but none of the other two epithets. So I guess you could be partly wrong. And to my mind, it's got so much to do with who the two people in the relationship are in the first place. Compatibility is an issue in all couples, gay or straight, but also in work relationships, or friendships, or any other human relationship. It's just that domestic ones take a bit more effort.

partisan Wrote:Hm disturbing. Maybe this young man had an issue with being gay, and this act exorcised his "gay demons" thats what i thought, i didnt take his saying of demons literally.

On your strange points, im reminded of an equally disturbing case in germany, two men met on the internet with the specific point of one of them being eaten, the victim had his penis cut of, willingly, then the guy took it downstairs to cook, while the "victim" bled to death. (Sweet dreams folks)

Yeah! Thanks!

Those Germans are CRAZY for sausage!

Bbq-skewer

Anyone who makes a bracelet out of testicles and wears it has mental issues..

Not sure what exactly made him snap.. but yeah.. I'm guessing he wasn't a completely mentally healthy individual who just had a break out of nowhere.

MisterLove Wrote:It's possible but I'm not so sure about it. This was not premeditated, it was all very sudden and quick.

When they first arrived in NY, everything was fine between the two. Then, Seabra met some girls and went out with them and Castro didn't like it. Things started to go downhill from there.

Well, its also been my experience in life so far, that younger people will only take so much of "do what I say" before they stand up for themselves...regardless of if its a relationship or not.

I wasnt there, so I cant say for sure, but for me.....all signs point to my conclusion.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Well, its also been my experience in life so far, that younger people will only take so much of "do what I say" before they stand up for themselves...regardless of if its a relationship or not.

I wasnt there, so I cant say for sure, but for me.....all signs point to my conclusion.

Well, that's definitely a possibility but there was one detail that made me think differently. There is security footage of the two just before the crime and judging by their body language, it seemed that Castro was p***** at Seabra for something and Seabra was trying to apologise (i.e. he caressed Castro in the shoulder but he reacted coldly).

So what happened was probably this: Castro wanted to put an end to the relationship (because of the incident with the girls) and Seabra couldn't take a 'no' for an answer and went bananas. This may seem grotesque but many kids these days are in fact egotistical monsters.

Anyway, this is just speculation. I guess we'll never know for sure why this happened.

MisterLove Wrote:This may seem grotesque but many kids these days are in fact egotistical monsters.

Are you saying that in Portugal this wouldn't be surprising, because many kids there act like this? Scared

Here's the security footage I was talking about:

http://videos.sapo.pt/83BgZI2zWeHH5QHbfA8i