Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay man's burden ...?
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:The darker side to this is the burden of being 'the bigger man' and allowing people to scream bits of profanity or insults, biting your tongue because society would frown on you ripping their lungs out and handing them back to the coward.

After all, gays are suppose to 'play nice' lord forbid if we really decided to lynch the mo-fo who screams 'fag!' at every one he things is queer.
You bite your tongue? I give it right back...

"Yeah, I am. You got a probelm wit that, you fucking twat?"

...which gets most (sane) guys to back down, given my size and attitude. I've got a good death glare. Most ignorant homophobes don't think an LGBT person will defend themselves, unfortunately.

Coming out and by extension, worrying that you won't be accepted
Loneliness
Having to hide your true self
Ignorant/insensitive questions and comments
The slurs (just yesterday I got called something!)

Before, I used to be embarrassed and those things that I considered burdens would cripple me with depression but now, I'm actually proud to be gay and they don't bother me as much anymore. I just started college and I'm being myself instead of putting out a fake personality to draw in people and then come out.

I don't fight back or make any retorts when someone attacks (verbally) me because I think it's unnecessary and too risky. I just say they're idiots and brush it off.

A gay mans burden to me is the worry of every7 day life and how society has affected me and how i need to change it around... I did have a burden on coming out but now i tell everyone i know then no burden is made Smile

To have always a grumpy old man in front of the TV... but the Question is : Am I this grumpy old man ..or my man .. but no I´m a sunshine Cool ... so it must be my man. :biggrin:

why is it that partners always seem more miserable at times than most?? I tend to find if i look at a gay couple they seem happy and lovely whereas mine can be a bit miserable at times but its still loved

Gay mans burden, is being miserable and living your life as a lie, afraid to come out of the closet, the fear of homophobic bullying.
I'm glad to be gay and fuck what other people think.
I had my first gay experience when I was 19, an older man had an interest in me as a friend and while at his place one evening he asked me if I wanted to stay the night.
That was in the days when being gay was not accepted in society as it is today, that was back in the 70s!
My first real full on experience with an older man was a few years later, the first time he touched me between my legs feeling my cock I had such a raging hard on, man it was a fantastic feeling that another man liked me enough to want me to be his lover!!

Humm for me, its confused on life, and the whole coming out and just being "gay" with the way people are today. Enough to make u depressed Sad

If theres one thing this post does its make us realise we have all had difficulties along each and every journey we have ventured on to accepting ourselves as gay

As I read this post I thought about it and while a lot of people have had very good answers, I think for me, the biggest burden is lying. Over the years I have developed myself and my self image as a fundamentally honest person, but about this subject I still lie, and I don't like lying.
Richard