Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay marriage declared legal across the US in historic supreme court ruling
Same-sex marriages are now legal across the entirety of the United States after a historic supreme court ruling that declared attempts by conservative states to ban them unconstitutional.

[Image: gay-marriage-legal-supreme-court#img-1]

theguardian.com

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33290341

Congratulations USA, now you can catch up with the UK Mexicanwave

Guns next maybe?

They already have those LoL Scared-smiley-face

This is awesome, but can I still get fired in Michigan just for being me?

So happy to hear this Smile I mean, it's about time! xD

Radbot42 Wrote:This is awesome, but can I still get fired in Michigan just for being me?

Not for very fucking long! :-D
~Beaux

OMG!!

Sorry guys... I couldn't be happier for you, a single congratulations isn't enough after such a huge battle Smile

Love you all!!

Bighug

I have a mixed reaction.....

I am happy that we have equality under the law...and happy for the people who want to get married that now can.....

BUT...I despise the institution of marriage. Straight people have ruined it for me.....it depresses me to see the lies and the deceit and the really horrible examples I have seen all of my life...so I hope we don't we follow in their footsteps

To hear them defend the "sanctity of marriage"...or defend the "institution of marriage"...is out loud laughable to me. How can they keep a straight face and say that??????

They collectively fucked up the institution of marriage long ago.....

This September...I will have been with my man for 30 years....very happy years...and we are not married...

Our friends who have been together for 34 years did just get married...and they had the same feelings we did..but they are sorta OK with it...so for legal reasons...I will soon get married...but I hate the fact that I have to do that....

I don't want to ruin what we have.

Radbot42 Wrote:This is awesome, but can I still get fired in Michigan just for being me?
For protections that are not covered by marriage, it depends on where you live. Protections for employment, housing, and accommodations are in place in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Kalamazoo, Traverse City, Mount Pleasant, Royal Oak, Ferndale and several other cities.