Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay party in Israel parodies Isis beheadings
Interesting controversy in Israel involving a gay party and the horrific Isis beheadings:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...ml?l;ksdjf

That is disgusting. And now I am mad at myself for following the link in that article to the party promoter's page, giving them a page view and the attention they were seeking with this sick, twisted stunt.

Disgusting, inappropriate, disrespectful - I can't think of enough words to express the revulsion this made me feel. All I could think of was how the families and loved ones of the actual victims would feel if they saw it.

And of course, every bit of reporting on the event is going to stress that it was a GAY event. Can we ever expect to see a headline that reads, STRAIGHT ISIS militants murder journalists?

Sorry. There are just too damn many things to rant about here.

Definitely not cool. Very poor planning and taste.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Iceblink Wrote:That is disgusting. And now I am mad at myself for following the link in that article to the party promoter's page, giving them a page view and the attention they were seeking with this sick, twisted stunt.

Thanks for the warning. I didn't open the link.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Just want to make it clear, you can follow the link in MisterLove's post. That is just a link to a news site, not the party page. It is the link contained within the news story that takes you to the party promoter's page and any of the pics and info relevant to the story are already in the news article anyway.

When humor goes wrong its usually in an epic sort of way.

Seems to me that this is a 'funny' stunt that just went horribly wrong.

So many other things to make fun of that would actually be funny...

How does one hatch such a tasteless scheme...and execute this without going... "hmmm!...No way!"

Contrary to popular belief, poor judgment and bad taste are a global problem and not just limited to ugly Americans.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I'm glad that gays over there are finally starting to stand up to their oppressors... at the risk of their own deaths... but this was disrespectful and in very poor taste. But I've seen equally bad parodies made of foreign peoples whom I'm sure are (mostly) respected in their homelands.