Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay people in the public eye
Hi everyone,

lately I am happy to see more and more openly gay people in high-power positions in the public eye.Earlier this year,Iceland received not only a female,but a gay female Prime Minister.Even more important globally, Germany now has an openly gay Foreign Minister, Guido Westerwelle, under a centre-right Christian Democrat government. To me this is a positive change in tack and allows gay people to wield more influence,thereby (hopefully) making a positive impact on the day-to-day stage of everyone's lives.Xyxthumbs Just thought I'd give this a big thumbs-up and see what anyone else thought on the issue.

Greetings,

Tilia

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I particularly liked the British Cabinet following the 1997 General Election. It contained Peter Mandelson, Nick Brown & Chris Smith, all gay men. Not that there was in any sense a gay mafia, they all hated each other.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

It wouldn't do for a bunch of queens to rule the planet though... Where would democracy be? lol.

Just another thought, the Mayors of Paris and Berlin are both gay and tipped as future political stars on their national stages.
Fred

Yeah that's true and as far as I know,well of Wowereit in Berlin at least,they are very popular with the population as a whole.By the way,the mayor of Hamburg,Germany is also gay-Germany seems to be getting pretty gayed-up at the moment haha

I also read in another e-mail forwarded to me that the gay mayor of Paris was allowing some rather suspiciously religious conduct in some parts of Paris. For a lay country, such things should concern citizens who want to uphold the principle of laity, as we do in our schools. It worries me to think that some religions are getting more than their fair share in some places, and the States is not the only place where this is encroaching. Beware of religious zealots and religious zeal. They would have us hanged as soon as look-at-it.

Heart-warming news on this subject. The new Israeli ambassador to Angola will be taking his husband with him. Nice, but I hope they are careful. Gay sex is illegal in Angola for both men and women. Habitual "offenders" are sent to labour camps.

more

The unintended benefits of diplomatic immunity. Wink
Fred

Not quite the same thing as Nigerian traffic offences in London though, is it?