Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay pride
fjp999 Wrote:I guess we can quit having gay pride events when one such as PA doesnt have to worry about keeping his private life undisclosed, as he has the right to, and not have anyone wonder "Is he gay or straight?".

Or maybe better said... when gay pride IS as silly as "caucasian male pride day", when one doesnt have to think "Is my best friend gonna accept me when I come out?", "Am I gonna be bashed as a teen when I tell that handsome jock 'I love you!'", when humans will accept the diversity within our world seeing the beauty of it all instead of HATE. Is so much easier to feel love, and healthier too.

I know a LOT of teachers and most of them rarely, if ever, refer to their domestic arrangements be they gay or straight. The vast majority have a professional relationship only with their pupils and guard their private lives quite carefully.

I wonder whether society, certainly in the UK, is not actually heading in the opposite direction towards the establishment of a "caucasian male pride day" ... :confused: So many traditions are being perceived to be under siege :frown:

marshlander Wrote:I wonder whether society, certainly in the UK, is not actually heading in the opposite direction towards the establishment of a "caucasian male pride day" ... :confused: So many traditions are being perceived to be under siege :frown:

The point is a group on needs a 'pride day' if it perceives itself to be 'under siege'. If a group is comfortable it doesn't need a 'pride day' it often doesn't really perceive itself as a group at all, they perceive all sorts of differences between, for example, white middle class Anglo-Saxon protestants.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I'd be more likely to back gay pride events if they were more than just a bunch of half naked men with glitter on their abs, and fairies and rainbows and a bunch of other shit that means absolutely nothing to me, and is frankly embarrassing. I actually find the gay scene a POS too. What is it about being gay that fucks with peoples heads.

I'm proud of being me, not proud of being gay. It takes no skill to lust after my own sex. If some straight guy had a shirt that said Straight Pride, I'm not gay and I'm PROUD of it! I'd be like WTF GTFO.

In reply to Australia,

I think we have created a new meaning for the word 'pride'. The traditional meaning we are all familiar with and frequently precedes a fall. The new meaning is a positive and and public complete lack of shame, a 'Gay not ashamed, not even a little bit, march' just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I also have to agree with you about what these events visually consist of. I would far rather go on a gay rights march (in the form of a traditional political demonstration) than a gay pride march.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:I also have to agree with you about what these events visually consist of. I would far rather go on a gay rights march (in the form of a traditional political demonstration) than a gay pride march.

Good Point Xyxthumbs

In honour of the genius of 'Gay not ashamed, not even a little bit' i'm going to wear a tee with those words written on it to all the prides and rainbowfests and other such 'celebrations'.

Who else is in?? we could start a trend...

kyle1 Wrote:I personally think that gay pride should be stopped, I dont see the point in this we do have a lot more than what we used to have and we have the respect by the vast majority of people (as at the end of the day were all just human). I just dont see the point in it and I think its over dramatic and you could argue its pollitical corectness gone mad, what next straight pride? Now I know its to get equal rights and all that but in the main we do and there aint much homophobia around nowadays. Whats your thoughts on the subject? Confusedmile: Just for the record im 100% gay but Im straight acting and talking and I just dont buy into this.

Gay pride parades should be stopped,they are not the proper means against homophobia,only reinforce it.And given the kind of persons that are most visible in this type of parades I think it does more harm then good to the gay community.Even the most tolerant ppl get disgusted with some elements there,and the worst is that many think all gays are like that.I'm not trying to be offensive just tell it like it is.

I am not sure what to think. On the one hand we get a bad reputation for what a small percentage of our population do. On the other hand just because we have gained rights doesn’t mean that we can relax. We still have many people that are against us and will work to undo all the advances we make. We still have to stay strong and defend our rights until such groups stop opposing us.

Well said ogs Clap

i went to gay pride in birmingham some what 6 years ago it was really expensive then .