Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay prides?
fudger Wrote:I used to go years ago but they started charging for the event and it died on it's arse for a few years so I refused to go. anyone else going?

[COLOR="Purple"]What do you mean they use to charge???

I have only been to San Francisco Pride ***TOTALLY AMAZING EVENT... The park location it use to be held at got too small for the huge crowd so it was moved to the most amazing sight ever!!!

City Hall is such a beautiful building... They use all the front parks for booths and the rest of the front and side areas for dancing, shows, dj booths...

Every side street has some special theme with booths and more stages and djs...

It all begins with an enormous parade that lasts a few hours. This is all televised by a local channel - uncut!!! Lots of wild costumes and lots of wild un-costumed Laugh2

Donations are taken thruout the event but it seems that there are so many sponsors that want involved in the event that most is covered and the rest goes to charities.

If anyone has the chance to go I totally recommend it. Use a ton of sun screen, stay hydrated, take a break if possible as it last all day and into the nite, and

... enjoy any event if you are lucky to be able to go to a pride event Luxhello [/COLOR]

Yes it became a very sad situation, the cost of the event was too high, so they were charging for entry in to the park where the main event was held.

people stopped going so they changed tact and its now held in the centre of London, which gives it a much better atmosphere.

I really don't like the Prides. They used to be a demonstration for the LGBT (was that right? :biggrin: ) rights. And now it's just sex, getting drunk and having fun....

It lost it's original drive somewhere along the way. And with that event going on around the world (or at least in germany, but i think it's everywhere nearly the same...) we don't have to wonder if some people have a wrong image of us in their heads....

But maybe, just MAYBE Mr. 7 out of 10 (Wink to fjp ^^) will get me to go with him on the Berlin Pride. But not sure. Maybe I have to work.

Found a great site with loads of pride events on: follow the link:

June Gay Pride Festivals - June 2009 Gay Pride Events - 2009 Dates of June Pride Rallies - Gay Pride Parades - Gay Pride Marches - Texas Gay Pride

Lightshade Wrote:I really don't like the Prides. They used to be a demonstration for the LGBT (was that right? :biggrin: ) rights. And now it's just sex, getting drunk and having fun.

Wow what's wrong with having fun, you must be a real life and soul of the party if you think letting your hair down is a bad thingRoflmao

i want to go to sheffield cos i can get there easy but still trying to get a straight mate to go the train with me(dont know any gay lads to go with)

matty7 Wrote:i want to go to sheffield cos i can get there easy but still trying to get a straight mate to go the train with me(dont know any gay lads to go with)

just go on your own, you will soon find friends there.

Invasion Invasion Invasion Invasion

yeah, i might just do that, bet i could be build up the confidence to go on my own, once im on the train then i'll be ok, just like to go n maybe say hello or even chat to people, i honestly would love to get sat on a wall if its hot with an ice cream n just watch how other gay lads go about chattin with each other,

Good luck, matty. It's tough overcoming a normal shyness. Go and have a great time.

marshlander Wrote:Good luck, matty. It's tough overcoming a normal shyness. Go and have a great time.

cheers mate - if people come n talk to me then im not shy for some reason but dont have the nerve to go up to others to talk, even though i could talk a glass eye to sleep when i get goin Smile. i bet i'll enjoy it if i go anyway