Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay songs
How do you all feel about "gay songs" like the hosier one, the mackelmore one, or born this way. do you all encourage it. I personally do not like them. How about you all? Smile

i don't know a bout other songs but i like born this way and why you don't like those song ?

[MENTION=21609]shirogane[/MENTION] I feel like 80% of those song might kinda sorta maybe be fake. Like I feel like they are trying to appeal to us purposefully for financial gain or to gain popularity cause they know people like us start trend. maaybe I am digging to deep. But idunno.

I like most of them, at least they create some more mainly positive messages related to the LGBT community's.

Wolfpack Wrote:I like most of them, at least they create some more mainly positive messages related to the LGBT community's.

I kinda agree with Mr. Wolfie here Rolleyes. Even if they gain financial or popularity but we also have a song to courage us. Not related but when I hear some love song I always imaging that is a gay's love :eek: ( silly me).

I appreciate the messages the songs send, but the songs themselves aren't really all that great, at least with my tastes. And there's that catering to the LBGT dollar that someone mentioned haha.

Personally I think there's a lot of music out there with gay subtext or overt messages that don't feel as pandering to us as 'Same Love,' etc. I'm thinking Madonna, Stevie Nicks, Divine (the drag queen) etc. But to each their own!

We definitely feel that some of them might be bandwagon tracks used for publicity... but sometimes the message the send is authentic nonetheless. Either way, we don't dislike songs for that sole reason. Personal favorite – Raise Your Glass Smile

My favorite two were both from the 1970s...Carl Bean...and The Miracles

...but I don't mind any of them...more indifferent really....they are what they are...

Thanks East for sharing! I've a good one too... I've quickly translated the beginning of the following song from French lyrics to English:

Mais qui sont ces garçons tout bronzés*?* Who are these well tanned boys
[Ils se promènent sous les bananiers] [They walk under the bananas trees]
Wow!
Mais que font ces garçons tout musclés*?* But what are doing these muscled boys
[Ils vous attendent sous les bananiers] [They are waiting for you under the bananas trees]
Wow!
Qu'est-ce qu'ils donnent aux touristes étrangers*?*What do they give to foreign tourists*?
[Les fruits sauvages de leurs bananiers] [The salvage fruits of their bananas trees]
Wow!
Et tu crois que c'est bon à manger*?* Do you think it's good to eat*?
[Ouvre la bouche et viens les goûter] [Open the mouth and enjoy to taste it..]

^^^ I love it Bovaryst...I have seen it somewhere before...Thanks for the transalation

I just though of another gay anthem that I love...from Shirley Bassey...