Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay-teen affairs
Hello my friends! My name is John, i am 16 years old, Greek and gay, but not for the public eye! I unfortunately have a huge problem and i would appreciate a piece of advice.

A few years ago after hours of begging from my parents to tell what was bothering me i revealed i was gay. They started laughing and my father told me that i was far too young to know that. It was great because i thought i had a chance to prove i was straight. However 3 years later he still believes i am gay (although he doesn't show it) but i am preety sure about that. He is afraid of getting even semi-naked in front of me and keeps asking me if i have a girlfriend. How am i gonna prove the opposite now? Sad

Apart from that, i would also like you to tell me if you have any idea how to "approach" a person that you are sure that's of the same sexuality but never spoken to before? There are a few guys as well as my Physics teacher that "yell: I am gay" but i have no idea how to get close to them (in a friendly way).

Thanks Xandor both for your advice and wishes! About the laughing it wasn't cynical or ironical, so don't worry about that. As for my dad i think his reaction was great -no fuss, no crying- however i don't think that i would ever compromise with my feelings. I would rather swallow them and try finding a girl to "boast". As for the other issue, your suggestion is right. I don't think that i'd ever confide first but only time can tell! So i am gonna give a try and socialize with them! Big Grin