Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gay teens coming out earlier to peers and family
yar Wrote:You are truly the cum-back Kid Bighug

Yeah no kidding :eek:
I can't believe you was put through all of that Low, and still have such a positive attitude towards the future. Clearly you have a very strong will Confusedmile:

I wish you luck for your future, hopefully it wont be quite as cruddy as the past Rolleyes

Dizzybeatle Wrote:Then I told my parents 3 weeks ago, and it werent a great reaction. They are not happy, but they have gone back to normal with me for now. That will change once I get my first boyfriend though :/

You've had a long time to get used to the knowledge that you are gay, they haven't. Forgive them if it takes them a little time to get used to the idea.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I came out to my mates when I was 15 my family not long after my 16th birthday

im a gay teen and im somewhat out lol

I must confess that I was that boy, how used the Bi road xD
Then It wasn't so hard to just say I'm gay.
I haven't told my parents yet. I have a feeling that my aunt (who is more like my best friend) told my dad. My mum's bound to know like, I'm her son Big Grin

I've been out for 3 years now. I came out when I was 20. I thought it'd be hard, but it was relatively easy to be fair. I have not had ONE negative response from anyone. Literally everyone has been cool with it. And even more weird is that 95% have been shocked with it lol.

Shocked and cool with it?? Ironic in my eyes lol.

How on earth they didn't know, when as a teenager I was open about liking Wham! and ABBA; never had any girlfriends.... Hahaha!

Obviously, like a lot of people, I wish I came out earlier than when I did. But then again, if I was meant to come out earlier, I would have wouldn't I?? I suppose if I came out earlier, like as a teenager, it would have been negative, since I wouldn't have been able to handle comments with a sense of humour as I have done since I've come out. And it really does help not to take comments seriously from people, and to have a sense of humour.

3 years, and I'm still waiting for my first proper relationship :eek: ....
xxx

Pickles Wrote:I must confess that I was that boy, how used the Bi road xD
Big Grin

I did with my friends, but after they called me a liar it was just full blow mo town!

ill be honest, i think i might actually only be using the bi road aswell to make it easier, i dont even know, told a few people met a few guys and since then its been constant guys, like no girls atall, in saying that i think im falling for this one girl, but yeah young is bad enough, being young and double the amount of people to choose, i could live with that i think :L

:L,

The only reason I could get away with the whole Bi thing was because I did have sex with a girl. Many times. We're best friends and at the time it seemed like a good idea. However, I could never properly get into it, like the full hog into it. I was VERY young to be loosing my virginity, only 12, so it was a bit of a shock, and found myself thinking well what the hell, i might as well go for it.

Everyone seemed to believe the whol Bi thing, and understand it. It was around my school, and people seemed to be OK about it. Then when I'd finally accepted to myself that I didn't like girls at all, I had to tell someone. So i told a few close friends. And from then on, I've been openly gay to my friends/enimiesxD/ co-workers and well even my very teachers know. It's noth that Im camp or anything. It's just we went to spain for an 'educational trip' for the music nerds. And well I spent all my time with the girls. I slept in the room with the guys and showered there, but my hairdyer and starighteners were located in the girls room. Plus everything else that belonged to meXD Plus the fact that I got hyper a lot over there and well. That's a story for another time xD

I haven't came out to my parents yet, well, not because Im afraid of their reaction. I know they'll be fine with it, but there's never a right time to tell them. I'm giving my mum hints on Facebook. I'm not afraid, like I said about their reaction. Just dont know how to confront them about it. xD

Pickles Wrote:... It's noth that Im camp or anything ... I spent all my time with the girls ... my hairdyer and starighteners were located in the girls room ... I got hyper a lot over there and well.
Clearly not camp at all Cheerleader2

Quote:... I'm giving my mum hints on Facebook ...
Is this how we speak to parents now? I feel very old, very old indeed :redface: