Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay therapy blog
Thought I'd share this, as I've often found useful, and insightful advice on it.

https://www.thegaytherapycenter.com/gay-therapy-blog/

Feel free to share other places where you find help.

I wonder how much they charge for their sessions.... I mean I know they take insurance but yeah. I guess it sounds kind of lame but I used to go talk to a therapist when I was first diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder -- aka we don't know what your deal is). It helped, it was better than having to take pills and for a while I really really felt much better then I got stuck working at Fontana...and yeah pretty much undid whatever progress I had made on that. The therapist used to only cost $5 per session but I had no insurance and they didn't seem to care that much, but now who knows... Kind of sucks having to pay someone to basically let you vent and seek advice that you really ought to be better suited getting from friends or family... but that was my only choice. I at the time pretty much didn't have friends to talk to and couldn't pester my sister every other day about whatever.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

If it helped you that is great news. Paying someone at that rate is amazing! I have a pretty decent insurance policy but it is very hard to find therapists who accept it and then I must pay $40 per session. All that has meant that I have not been able to get the help I need.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:If it helped you that is great news. Paying someone at that rate is amazing! I have a pretty decent insurance policy but it is very hard to find therapists who accept it and then I must pay $40 per session. All that has meant that I have not been able to get the help I need.

Well the sort of help I got was good but I could have just as well had a good honest friend to talk to as well...that's basically how it went to me...The only difference was she had resources and knew a lot. So when it came to dealing with the anxiety part she was able to provide stuff about relaxing and whatnot...

I think good friends are something to utilize as well and can be as good as a therapist...and a therapist won't help if you don't trust them, just like if you don't trust a friend to talk about stuff then that won't work either...

Just as long as it doesn't feel like this...

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

EEWWWW!! I just barely made it past fifth grade.

But you're right. HAving a good friend to talk to is da shiznit.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:EEWWWW!! I just barely made it past fifth grade.

But you're right. HAving a good friend to talk to is da shiznit.

Oh you need to watch The Goonies. One of my favorite movies my sister and I grew up with Smile

But yeah on the friends thing I would talk more about things with my friends but I often do feel like a bit of a burden and sometimes I do feel that it is misplaced too so it can be hard to tell.
Check out my stuff!

I was specifically talking about their blog, not their therapy. I've read through quite a number of the items, and they definitely are helpful.

Found another interesting therapy resource with plenty of articles about LGBT issues

https://bodymindsoul.org/articles/