Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay to Straight Therapy
Christians have been allowed to abuse children far too long in this country, and not just the ones thought to be gay. Examples:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafet...es/1258390

And

I had a friend (we were both 17) who got sent to one of those places after her dad read her diary and found she was interested in Wicca. I have no idea what they did to her but she came back months later convinced I was a Satanist and there was just something WRONG with her...it wasn't her anymore. They had broken her. And it was legal.

Of course such homes sometimes promise to make kids straight, too.

It's a horror story. Strange how many think we need Christianity to be decent people. :frown:

They should be thrown into Jail for life ,for abusing these kids.

is it really christian or any type of religious people that abuse the children? Or is it people's (In general) wickedness?
I am a christian too. And I would never abuse a child. So I say, it;s people's wickedness. Not christianity or any religion itself.

koridallos Wrote:is it really christian or any type of religious people that abuse the children? Or is it people's (In general) wickedness?
I am a christian too. And I would never abuse a child. So I say, it;s people's wickedness. Not christianity or any religion itself.

If you were a typical Christian instead of the exception then a lot of this abuse wouldn't be allowed to go on.

Heck, I bet if it came out that some of those teen gulags that horribly abuse kids sent to them were run by fundamentalist Muslims instead of fundamentalist Christians (but otherwise practicing the exact same abuse) the government would shut them down in a heartbeat (at the very least, the vast majority of people here in the USA wouldn't send them).

Still, Christianity is slowly becoming more civilized as it has for centuries now...we no longer stone people (including disobedient children) over trivial offenses, we no longer thump a Bible to justify slavery (including in selling children into it), and one day the antigay passages will be as ignored as all its other barbaric passages (of which there are so many). Still, it would be much simpler if people threw that rubbish away and moved on instead of trying to detoxify the Bible. If they'd done that back in the Enlightenment as they should've then homosexuality wouldn't even be an issue in the Western world today.