Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Gay voices'
I feel crap when I talk to people because I hear a girl talking. How 'gay' is my voice?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s11eWwYtkPME

Feel free to post your own voice.

Listening to this clip, it doesn't sound so bad, but people automatically know that I'm gay.

You don't sound the least BIT "gay" to me! WTF u talkn' bout dude? (Seriously, with my poor hearing, where all vowels sound pretty much the same, coupled with that brogue!; I haven't a clue WHAT ur on about!) But w/e… no… you do not sound like a girl for pity's sake!

Didn't sound like a girl to me at all! I heard rather manly male voice.

Mate, you have have a manly voice. There is no reason to assume, that you sound girly. I have noticed, when I get tense in particular situations or with some people, my voice becomes slightly pitched. Maybe you have had the same sometimes?

If they automatically know you are gay, it isn't from your voice. It's very masculine, but I would say it's not easy to understand what you are saying and not because of your accent. It's more like you are mumbling. I think most guys pick up on another guy's sexuality from their things other than just their voice.

rubeus Wrote:Mate, you have have a manly voice. There is no reason to assume, that you sound girly. I have noticed, when I get tense in particular situations or with some people, my voice becomes slightly pitched. Maybe you have had the same sometimes?

When I am talking to boys, my voice goes all high pitched. Sometimes, when I talk to girls, it gets quite deep. It makes me feel manly. Seriously, around short girls, I'm a different person. I feel big. Around boys, I feel like an insect.

Deep breaths, mate. Literally. Take deep breaths when talking to someone who makes you feel intimidated, don't respond straight away.

You can look up some breathing exercise online to relieve tension. Practice at home in you free time.

I used to wince at my recorded voice because it doesn't sound anything like how I hear myself, but I started to realize the same is true for most people... they don't sound the same recorded or over a speakerphone, as live.

MikeW Wrote:You don't sound the least BIT "gay" to me! WTF u talkn' bout dude? (Seriously, with my poor hearing, where all vowels sound pretty much the same, coupled with that brogue!; I haven't a clue WHAT ur on about!) But w/e… no… you do not sound like a girl for pity's sake!

I agree with everything you say.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I recorded a short video of myself. While watching it back, I cringed a little, because I thought part of it sounded "pretty gay". I decided to re-record that part, and make it sound more masculine.

What was the video? My "It Gets Better" video. You know, the thing that is supposed to be shown to LGBTQ kids to show that once they get older, they don't have to worry so much about being bullied - that they can just "be themselves".

I felt REALLY embarrassed for myself. And left the "gay sounding" part in the video.

I didn't listen to your clip. Maybe you sound "gay". And if you do, who cares - you ARE gay, right? Smile

Lex