Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaydar founder fell to his death
Gary Frisch, the co-founder of website Gaydar, fell to his death from the balcony of his eight-floor apartment.

The 38-year-old may have fallen accidentally or jumped from the balcony in Battersea on Saturday afternoon, reports yourlocalguardian.co.uk

Mr Frisch co-founded Gaydar in 1999, and it has grown into arguably the most influential gay site in the world. Their network of sites serves more than 300 million page impressions per month

Recently police forces have been using the site as a way to allow gay people to report hate crimes.

The Metropolitan Police are investigating Mr Frisch's death but are not treating it as suspicious.

QSoft publishing, who own the Gaydar brand released a statement earlier today:

"Gary was a highly regarded leader and colleague who cared first and foremost about the gay and lesbian community that we serve. He was an accomplished entrepreneur and a very generous man who also cared deeply about the people who worked for and with him.

"Gary's legacy as a co-founder of the Gaydar phenomenon is immense and it is one that we shall both celebrate and continue into the future. Gary will never be forgotten and is deeply missed by us all."

QSoft said that an event planned this Thursday, February 15 in London to mark the fifth birthday of GaydarRadio would go ahead as planned.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

hmm, I saw his obituary in the Scotsman Newspaper...just said death was "unexplained"Sad

and they didn't even say that on gaydar they just said it was sudden...?
i wonder what really happened...? cause if he really did throw himself off then where were these great colleagues when he need to talk...?
and if he was that popular with his colleagues then why did they not class him as a friend...? cause i know that if i was to get on well with someone at work i'd call them a friend in their obituaries rather than a colleague..

welllllllllll,i registered at gardar,but no more interesting than gayspeak,to a person live in china ~~~~but realy sorry to hear such news ~~~~~~