Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Gays shouldn't drive"
I hope the title doesn't offend anyone. It's just what I think. I'm not homophobic or anything; I know a lot of people who are friends with gay people. I even met a gay person once or twice, and it was totally okay. But I just don't understand why gays are allowed to be driving around in public, along with everyone else.

Does everyone really need to drive? There are other ways to get around. Actually, there are a lot of better, cheaper ways to get from point A to point B without complicating our roads with gay driving. I mean, I understand why a gay person would want to drive. But why make such a fuss over it? For example...

Driving has existed for a long time, and gay drivers just complicate the issue.
Back when cars were invented, no one had homosexuality in mind. Our technological innovators had intended normal families to enjoy the vehicle - men and women driving together with their children. If we have gays driving too, that throws a wrench into the whole idea. How should I explain it to my children? What do I say when my son asks me why someone is driving a Ford Fiesta or a Mini Cooper?

Gay driving could lead to all sorts of abominations.
If we keep on allowing gays to drive, we're just asking for a world of trouble. Why not have multiple people driving a car at once? What if a brother and sister feel like both driving a car together? What's to stop our roads from being open to animal drivers? The last thing I want is to see someone's doberman cruising down the interstate.

Gay drivers can't provide a safe, supportive environment for younger drivers.
Our society rests upon the fact that those who are just learning to drive (think "learners permit") are able to do so in the company of regular, normal, heterosexual drivers. If we send our new drivers out there in the midst of these experimental gay roads, it can't provide the same experience. Besides, no country has ever had gay driving for long enough to prove that it's safe and harmless.

Gay driving simply isn't natural.
If God wanted us to have gay driving, he would have given us gay cars and written about it in the bible. Besides, gays can't procreate in the back seat of your father's sedan, which should be evidence enough that it's unnatural. Just remember: God created Adam and Eve... not gay Adam and Eve with cars.

It's an attack on my religion!
Now, I recognize that not everyone may share my religious beliefs, but that's what makes our country great. We were founded on the notion that as long as the majority of America shares your belief, you have the right to not be insulted by the presence of dissenting opinions. When I'm cruising down the highway, the first amendment ensures my freedom to not have to share that highway with people my bible disapproves of. That's what religious freedom means: the freedom to believe in heterosexual roads without anyone showing me otherwise.

When you stop to think about it, there's something that's just not quite right about letting gay people engage in the vehicular traditions that have become an institution of our country. If we continue to let gays speed down our straight and narrow paths, we're bound to crash.

That was true to your name! Quite a piss-take of the "Gays shouldn't marry" argument and how weak it is.
Welcome to the forum Confusedmile:

Thank you! I was sort of mulling this over earlier today, and needed a place to share it. Now that I'm here, I'll have a look around. Smile

Whatever I don't need to drive anyway, plus trains are fun....

[Image: tumblr_ltmkaz3e0L1r34jyyo1_250.gif]

LOL...Thanks for that!:biggrin:

Frikkin hilarious

Absolutely brilliant. Biggthumpup

Welcome to G.S. make yourself at home.Welcome

How fast can you run in a parking lot

I thought you were serious lol XD

Best second post ever.