Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gayspeak
Is this a dating site or? :S Because reading through threads most seem to focus on dating... and people meet up from here so? :O
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

personally I think this site is the least like a dating site out of all the gay forums, thats it's attraction. It's more for a group of gay men and lesbian's to discuss issues and opinions that affect us than to pick up. That is why we have so many younger members here than any where else, because they know they are less likley to get hit on and can pick up usefull info from the more experienced members.
I do not use any other gay forum anymore because all they seem to be for is a quick shag or info on where to get a bit of trade.
Just hope it remains that way.Xyxthumbs

No, T, as you know, it's not dedicated to dating (not solely, in any case) but you can't blame people trying to find a mate or a F**K to come onto a gay site such as this one and advertise... They probably won't come back for more, unless they are looking for a different kind of approach and a different kind of relationship. I agree with Fudger here, that that is part of GS's attraction.

fudger Wrote:personally I think this site is the least like a dating site out of all the gay forums, thats it's attraction. It's more for a group of gay men and lesbian's to discuss issues and opinions that affect us than to pick up. That is why we have so many younger members here than any where else, because they know they are less likley to get hit on and can pick up usefull info from the more experienced members.
I do not use any other gay forum anymore because all they seem to be for is a quick shag or info on where to get a bit of trade.

I 100% agree with what fudger has said, its the reason I'm here because I don't get the feeling that the site is used for a few quickies.
Its nice not to have the smut on here that you get on other gay forums.

fudger Wrote:personally I think this site is the least like a dating site out of all the gay forums, thats it's attraction. It's more for a group of gay men and lesbian's to discuss issues and opinions that affect us than to pick up. That is why we have so many younger members here than any where else, because they know they are less likley to get hit on and can pick up usefull info from the more experienced members.

It will be what WE make of it, Dan...Confusedmile:

I hope it doesn't fall down the whole dating type of sites. As I've noticed and im sure im not the only one.. but on certain posts like: 'Would you date a fat person' or 'would you shag on first date' quite a lot seem to clash.. and it would be a shame for that to cancel out how this site works.
[/COLOR]

They are both just general questions, the question about dating a fat person may seem a little odd but maybe the person who asked is wanting peoples oppinion on himself or someone he is thinking of dating. as for sex on a first date, that question is always going to crop up.
At least there isn't any ' man looking for descreet day time fun' adverts, that would ruin the site.

its the best thing about this site that people are not pestered for things like age, where u live, can we meet, will u cam/see your pics like lots of other places, some sites look like a meat market for men which is great if thats the place u want to be - i came here to get help on subjects from more experienced gay people about gay isues that bothered me and to chat in a friendly enviroment about anything really- thats exactly wot i got here and its fun !!!, you can do all the other sharing/meeting things if you want but you never feel pressured to do it here which is a blessing as this site would quickly loose younger members

I only signed up as it looked to be normal. Cool

albabonzai Wrote:I only signed up as it looked to be normal. Cool

You've obviously not read half of my posts Astrosmiley2
[/COLOR]