Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearing up for Halloween............
MisterTinkles Wrote:So many bullshit stories about where Halloween came from.

Self-righteous, zealot, bigoted religious fanatics make a huge moronic spectacle of themselves every year, proclaiming this "the devils holiday", when it has nothing to do with the "devil".

After the pilgrims landed on this continent and started spreading out and building farms and families....they kept some of their old traditions, which still had to do with "rites of seasons".
[Image: Snap-Apple_Night_globalphilosophy.PNG]
One of these rites happened in the fall. People dressed up to hide their faces, used hollowed out gourds and pumpkins as lanterns in the night, and danced around their farms and crops chanting and praying in hopes of scaring away all the evil spirits and bad luck for the next years harvest. And was practiced on "All Hallows Eve", which some say was the start of Fall, some say the Equinox, some say the Summer Solstice". No one knows exactly at what point during Fall this was practiced, but it was to keep evil spirits and bad luck at bay....not worship them.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk3tV5Uh7r2ppwo8FRbua...h3qkknt9mw]
Over the centuries, All Hallows Eve became Halloween, and has evolved into the diabetic coma of what it is today.

How do I know this? My second grade teacher, Miss Staff was a freeking awesome teacher. She was young and wanted to teach us truth about everything. She was a Halloween fan also, and told us she had done her research on what Halloween really is...even brought her personal reference book to class one day to tell us what Halloween was really all about. She felt that something so fun could never be anything pertaining to evil or the devil. And she was right.....in fact, Halloween is the opposite of what the religious nut jobs claim it is.

So get out there, dress up, and scare the shit out of some evil spirits and bad luck!!

Also Wiccan's first hollyday is the 31 of october. :3 Christians believed that they were praysing the devil because one of the wiccan's gods has horns because most of the animals that people ate at that time had horns :3 and so they imagined him with horns, and that's why they thought they were evil and shit :3

I haven't dressed up for Halloween in a very long time. Why get dressed up to go drink at a fraternity party? Eh. I was lazy.

Anyway, I'm dressing up this year to go to a Roaring 20s Speakeasy themed party. The problem. I have no clue what to wear haha. Suggestions are appreciated from the more creatively minded folks on here Big Grin

Matt Wrote:I haven't dressed up for Halloween in a very long time. Why get dressed up to go drink at a fraternity party? Eh. I was lazy.

Anyway, I'm dressing up this year to go to a Roaring 20s Speakeasy themed party. The problem. I have no clue what to wear haha. Suggestions are appreciated from the more creatively minded folks on here Big Grin

Two suggestions....

This
[Image: 54087-Zoot-Suit-Costume-large.jpg]

Or my preference, this...
[Image: 1069-Charleston-Cutie-Flapper-Costume-large.gif]

Sebastian Wrote:Also Wiccan's first hollyday is the 31 of october. :3 Christians believed that they were praysing the devil because one of the wiccan's gods has horns because most of the animals that people ate at that time had horns :3 and so they imagined him with horns, and that's why they thought they were evil and shit :3

Actually Wiccan holidays are a totally different thing, and have nothing to do with Halloween.

A Wiccan "All Hallows Eve" is different from what the pilgrim farmers did.

Although their intents may have been along the same lines.....to dispel evil and bad luck.....they both were different forms.

In the Wiccan tradition they call Halloween, Samhain. It's an
important Sabbat in some Pagan traditions.

It came from the Celtic people and it is believed the spirits of
their ancestors would come back during this time of year,
so they would leave offerings outside their door for them.

But in the modern Pagan sense, it's a time for renewal. Kind of
like New Years, a time to get rid of old habits and to look into
the future and also to pay respecst to the ones that have gone
before. It's also the last harvest before the Winter Solstice.

For me as a Pagan, a group that meets near me is doing a
meet up for it, so I'll definitely try to go if I can.

But I will definitely try to go to Salem again this year with
one of my best friends. Shopping, food, people watching and beer!

I have been looking forward to halloween since last year! This year I am wearing all white, with a few certain areas colored, and then pining a home-made twister spinner to my chest... I have the next five years planned actually haha halloween is my favorite holiday!

You don't want to see me in drag. I'm an ugly man and an uglier woman.

justbry87 Wrote:In the Wiccan tradition they call Halloween, Samhain. It's an
important Sabbat in some Pagan traditions.

It came from the Celtic people and it is believed the spirits of
their ancestors would come back during this time of year,
so they would leave offerings outside their door for them.

But in the modern Pagan sense, it's a time for renewal. Kind of
like New Years, a time to get rid of old habits and to look into
the future and also to pay respecst to the ones that have gone
before. It's also the last harvest before the Winter Solstice.

For me as a Pagan, a group that meets near me is doing a
meet up for it, so I'll definitely try to go if I can.

But I will definitely try to go to Salem again this year with
one of my best friends. Shopping, food, people watching and beer!

I would LOVE to go to Salem!!! And Stonehenge.....

Matt Wrote:You don't want to see me in drag. I'm an ugly man and an uglier woman.

Aint that what makeup is for?
LMAO

You aint ugly.......everybody else is just generically boring.

If any of you have suggestions for me bring it on. I need ideas! Smile