Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geeky scifi
Who likes it? What are you all watching?

I really want to watch a good sci fi/supernatural show that I haven't already watched. Campy like Buffy or Firefly is a bonus. I like the marvel stuff on Netflix too like Jessica Jones, Daredevil and so on... been meaning to catch Luke Cage.

LGBT themes would be great too.

Does anyone have recommendations?

And we can make this thread about hotties from the sci-fi shows of your choice Smile I know in that case there will be mostly hot dudes in this thread , but since I'm a lesbian I'll be mentioning/showing some cute girls too, so stick around if you're willing to see a few of my crushes Smile

The Hitchhike's Guide to the Galaxy. Does that count?
生年不满百,
常怀千岁忧。
昼短苦夜长,
何不秉烛游。

Alvin Wrote:The Hitchhike's Guide to the Galaxy. Does that count?

Yes! That deffo counts. I've never actually read/watched the full hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, that's something I need to do. It's a classic.

Did you like it?

baristajedi Wrote:Yes! That deffo counts. I've never actually read/watched the full hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, that's something I need to do. It's a classic.

Did you like it?

To be honest, I've got the books years ago but haven't read them yet. Big Grin We can have an online bookclub and make a deal for reading.

The most famous quote I know from this book is "Don't panic." Coldplay happens to have a song called "Don't panic." as well. I wonder if they are influenced after one or more or all of them has/have read the book.

Quote:And we live in a beautiful world,
Yeah we do, yeah we do,
We live in a beautiful world.

Oh, all that I know,
There's nothing here to run from,
Cos yeah, everybody here's got somebody to lean on

Have you ever listened to this one? I get inner peace when listening to this song, especially when I'm having the pressure writing papers.
生年不满百,
常怀千岁忧。
昼短苦夜长,
何不秉烛游。

Alvin Wrote:To be honest, I've got the books years ago but haven't read them yet. Big Grin We can have an online bookclub and make a deal for reading.

The most famous quote I know from this book is "Don't panic." Coldplay happens to have a song called "Don't panic." as well. I wonder if they are influenced after one or more or all of them has/have read the book.

Have you ever listened to this one? I get inner peace when listening to this song, especially when I'm having the pressure writing papers.

I love that song! And I really like Coldplay. I would never have realised there's s connection for that song with Hitchhiker's guide. That's really cool.

I watch some of the MARVEL shows too, JJ and DD as you said, but also Agents of Shield, which is really silly and predictable but it's good if you want nothing serious or complicated (I mean in Daredevil for example there's a more and more interesting plot, so I want to follow every detail, while in AoS they just go against their enemies doing random things XD almost)

baristajedi Wrote:I love that song! And I really like Coldplay. I would never have realised there's s connection for that song with Hitchhiker's guide. That's really cool.

High five. I am a big fan for Coldplay. Smile Attended their concert last year while in Berlin.
生年不满百,
常怀千岁忧。
昼短苦夜长,
何不秉烛游。

Have you ever tried Andromeda.
mediocre sci-fi starring Kevin Sorbo.
But it really has it's moments.

Plus it has a purple lady-alien who wears a tight jumpsuit and acts all cutsie. if that's your kinda thang.

baristajedi Wrote:Does anyone have recommendations?

I can recommend two sci-fi shows I got hooked on not too long ago. Both have strong female leads who kick ass too, which might appeal Confusedmile:

Dark Matter
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4159076/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Killjoys
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3952222/?ref_=nv_sr_1
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

you need Babylon 5 sir Smile - old but pure cheesy gold . great sets and brilliant graphics.....just check out an episode featuring the Shadows on youtube....awesome Smile