Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gender confusion in children...
Was there ever a time where boys were boys and girls and were girls to begin with?Whatever the answer should be,times have mos def changed since I was in elementary school in the 90s,it seems that being a kid has gotten a lot more complex since then with issues such as the topic at hand cropping up.Gender confusion also referred to as gender identity disorder is a psychological term used to identify persons that are discontent with their genders.What I understand of it is that even though you're physically (fe)male,one's brain functions as that of the opposite sex.This has resulted in a wave of children entering schools dressed as the opposite sex,which isnt clearly visible since those little chumkins look the same at that age.Some people of course disagree with letting these kids cross dress as it will encourage transexuality or homosexuality.These critics suggest that instead parents must take a firm stand and to submit the child for a series of therapuetic interventions.What would you if it were your child,surely all kids want to do is to be happy.Then again the parents themselves also come under fire for the highly controversial issue of hormonal treatment for children.This treatment ensures that Simone won't be showing obvious physical signs that she really is Simon.This is the part I disagree with,giving such treatment seems unethical to me,something about it.This again goes back to whether the children should instead seek psychological than to be further encouraged with behaviour that leads to ostracization.More like a damned if you do,fucked if you don't kinda situation.Being a gay/bi man,do you have any experience with this?I remember being envious of my Ma's long hair but I quickly got over that...

It boils down to the way we as individuals consive reality. Some think only in black or white while the rest of us look at things in shades of gray. Who an I to say which was is right however; I prefer see the world in shades of gray.

I look at the world as a rainbow, the only people confused about gender are heteros and urologists. I take that back some of us want to prescribe dated labels on others also.