Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genealogy Through DNA Testing II
I don't like to start a new thread for this, but the OG has been locked down.

https://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=38194

Good, simpler times. Confusedigh:

It turns out I was very surprised by the result.

It certainly didn't take this long to receive said result (about a month from the time I sent sample). It was just that spitting saliva into the test vile provided didn't rank up there with things I was looking forward to doing. I kept putting it off until about a couple of months ago.

The point of this thread is that I recommend the service: rhymes with mancestry.daught.calm

To top it off, the journey does not end with the DNA result (which is pretty great in itself) but they do offer basic and advanced tools (more $$$, nothing is free) for those looking to delve deeper.

I absolutely love that I now have so many 3rd, 4rth, 5th, 6th, 7th...etc. 'cousins' that I can now contact to put the bite on.

I have been uhming and ahhing about doing the DNA test thingy because I question the value of it.

I have been researching my family tree since 1985 and have got as far back as 1620 with almost 900 confirmed and documented family members.

Obviously there are also a couple of convicts with Australia being a Penal Colony in the late 1700's and early 1800's.

I already know that my Mum's family go back to southern England and my Father's family can be traced back to Ireland, but research is difficult since the IRA destroyed so many records in the early 1900's

It's fascinating stuff

Well, as far as I've been born there has been very little contact with the extended family. I can count on one hand the relatives I've been introduced to.

I think I would like to keep that way.

:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

deephiance Wrote::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

It would be like being introduced to a bunch of 'Londoners.'

Fuck them. I ain't got no time for that.