Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Bush - America Salutes You
Im just making observations
Mc Cain will probably go down in history as the best president the USA never had.
When Reagan was president and Thatcher the Uk pm I thought they were the war mongers who would initiate a nuclear holocaust and I marched with CND. It was the right thing to do then, and I would do the same thing now.
But you can look back and say that whilst being an opponent on many things Reagan was truer to the spirit of the constitution than any subsequent president.
( Lets leave Carter out of it - I was just trying to be balanced)

marshlander Wrote:Raygun? You are joking???

Star Wars ... Libya ... air traffic controllers ... ??? Not to mention the unholy (one-way) "alliance" with the despotic Thatcher! Come on!!!!!!!

huw cymru Wrote:Im just making observations
Mc Cain will probably go down in history as the best president the USA never had.
When Reagan was president and Thatcher the Uk pm I thought they were the war mongers who would initiate a nuclear holocaust and I marched with CND. It was the right thing to do then, and I would do the same thing now.
But you can look back and say that whilst being an opponent on many things Reagan was truer to the spirit of the constitution than any subsequent president.
( Lets leave Carter out of it - I was just trying to be balanced)

[COLOR="Purple"]

Um, Now I know huw is joking but everybody is allowed their opinions :redface:

Quote:When Ronald Reagan's Attorney General Edwin Meese announced in 1986 that the president could interpret the Constitution in his own right and was not bound by Supreme Court opinions...

Two decades ago, however, Meese's comment that judicial supremacy "was, and is, at war with the Constitution, at war with the basic principles of democratic government, and at war with the very meaning of the rule of law" set off a maelstrom.
Ronald Reagan and the Constitution

more interesting reads: Alternative Conservative ronald reagan

Where I lost faith in Reagan was The Iran Contra Scandal, October Surprise, and his war on drugs. The Iran Contra Scandal was the CIA selling Arms to Iran to fund the Contra Rebels in Nicaragua. That in it’s self is pretty bad, but the Contras were mass murderers. The Contras were actually running drugs into the U.S. on plains being provided by the CIA. That just sounds crazy doesn’t it? The sad thing is there’s a lot of documentaries and documentation out there to back this up.

How could Reagan support criminals who were running drugs into the U.S. while waging a war on drugs? What the hell was he thinking?

Reagan’s war on drugs violated the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution by allowing the police to confiscate people’s property to pay for his war on drugs.

what happened to that pigeon?
[/COLOR]