Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German for beginners
the german language is very easy to learn :

Heh. That seems about right. I took 3 years of German classes back in high school. Think I can speak it at all now? Hardly. That language is ridiculous.

[Image: huh.gif]

The mind truly boggles Laugh

"Finger weg von den Türen, du könntest dir sehr weh tun."

That's all I know in german :biggrin:

I actually managed an 'O' Level in German. The word I remember the most is 'schadenfreude', which means taking pleasure in someone's discomfort.

I love German! I can carry a decent conversation in it too. I really didn't think it was that hard apart from knowing when to use what case (der, den, dem.. GAH!). But you can't learn that except by moving to Germany and hearing the language every day.

I am a German-American. I took two years of German in high school. I didn't do so well in that class; I was so much more interested in my art and photography classes.

I do remember some of it. If I lived in Germany, I would probably become fluent over time.

Evan Wrote:I love German! I can carry a decent conversation in it too. I really didn't think it was that hard apart from knowing when to use what case (der, den, dem.. GAH!). But you can't learn that except by moving to Germany and hearing the language every day.

Thats true, I think to learn a language in the country is the best way... I learned - by learning english - that we have much more words for many things... so many times I try to translate a word into the english language and it is impossible... there is no word

Spellbound Wrote:I actually managed an 'O' Level in German. The word I remember the most is 'schadenfreude', which means taking pleasure in someone's discomfort.

Schadenfreude means malicious joy ... but the translation don´t hit the point Smile Malicious just translatet means something bad, mean, vulgar... but Schadenfreude normally means something bad but friendly meaned fun... hard to learn Smile

Guten morgen fenris, i have the actuall instruction Manual for British servicemen in Germany 1944, that's all i need, just in case, though i must AVOID loose talk and loose conduct!