Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Back Into The Game
Hey guys

I need some advice on a dilemma that is literally bothering me so much that I decided to make an account on here and hope for the best.
God this feels dumb.

Okay! So I've been single for quite some time now. After my ex and I broke up, it took me quite a while to want to get back into the game. Now, however, I feel ready to try and see what happens. I mean, I don't wanna force anything, but I'd like to at least try to find love again, y'know?

So there's this guy I have on Facebook. I "know" him through some mutual friends. Lately, however, I've been seeing him in a new light. I find him absolutely gorgeous and would like to get to know him. The question is, how do I do that without seeming like some pushy, just-in-it-for-the-potential-sex kinda guy? I don't want him to think I'm just some superficial prick.

We haven't really spoken much before, and the thing is.... he's really pretty. Like, REALLY pretty and I'm afraid that, although I'm not necessarily a bad looking guy myself, I'm afraid that he might not give me a shot because he's so clearly out of my league. I dunno, I'm just confused as all hell about this and the bubbly feeling I get in the pit of my stomach whenever he uploads a new picture or something isn't helping at all. Help??

Welcome to the forums, JtP-

I didn't grow up with facebook, so I don't have a lot of advice about how to deal with that. When you say you haven't spoken much with him before, do you mean through fb or in person?

If you work as a bartender, how about inviting him for a free drink sometime you're working? That doesn't seem pushy to me.

Who says he's "out of your league"? Just because he's hot doesn't mean you're not his type. Don't let that stop you from putting yourself out there. Good luck with him!

Welcome to the forum Smile

Obvious question first, do you know for certain that he is gay?

If so, then as Geminize suggests, build the friendship first Coffee, movies, beer. Just see where things lead.

Remember he may be a very lonely stunning looking guy, for exactly the reason your unsure about approaching him!

You have nothing to loose Smile

Good Luck
ObW
X