Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting bullied, a little or even more.
Please delete this thread.

That's a tough walk, I am not familiar with how acceptance is in Poland, but when I was growing up in the 1950's there was no acceptance, I was outed, which made things worse, no internet, no glbtq centers, no gsa in schools, sister saved my life from self destruction, went to nam cause I didn't care what happened to me. Now support the glbtq center, gsa in the local schools, am out to everyone if they ask, but just like a heterosexual doesn't say " Hi I am Joe and I am a hetrosexual", I don't say Hi I am James and I am gay. I have stickers on the back of my vehicle which show what my preferences are but I don't advertise but don't deny either. Your nineteen stay under the radar for a few years, graduate, find a job, by then you will have more life's
experiance to help you cope with your life, Huge Hugs, James
s
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

do you have to live in a dorm while at college?

is there anything online where you can with safety find a gay friend or two

pellaz Wrote:do you have to live in a dorm while at college?

is there anything online where you can with safety find a gay friend or two

It's the safest way to live anyway. This is not people-friendly area, many criminals. Dorms have guards at least.

I think I could register on-line for some gay dating service... We have one or two sites like this here.

James Wrote:That's a tough walk, I am not familiar with how acceptance is in Poland, but when I was growing up in the 1950's there was no acceptance, I was outed, which made things worse, no internet, no glbtq centers, no gsa in schools, sister saved my life from self destruction, went to nam cause I didn't care what happened to me. Now support the glbtq center, gsa in the local schools, am out to everyone if they ask, but just like a heterosexual doesn't say " Hi I am Joe and I am a hetrosexual", I don't say Hi I am James and I am gay. I have stickers on the back of my vehicle which show what my preferences are but I don't advertise but don't deny either. Your nineteen stay under the radar for a few years, graduate, find a job, by then you will have more life's
experiance to help you cope with your life, Huge Hugs, James
s

In Poland there's no GLBTQ centers, no GSA, pretty much no support for gay people. I don't want to say "hi I'm Stan and I'm gay", cuz that's pathetic. That was my point - I want people to consider me a human first, but if they ask - it would be nice to feel safe enough to tell the truth. Nevermind.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]The first thing is this: don't give up hope! I know it seems like you're losing your mind and won't be able to handle it, but you CAN! Smile There are so many people out there for you to talk to! I know that you feel really alone right now, but just breathe! Smile I know how you're feeling, and trust me, there are so many places online that can help you connect with others that feel the same.

You are NOT alone in this! If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'd be honored to help you! And I know many others on here would be, too.

But if you don't feel safe in telling others, you don't have to at all! If you feel threatened and scared of what might happen, I'd suggest that you just wait it out until you graduate. Your safety is above all else, hun. It may help a lot to tell your bisexual friend, though. That way, you can get some of the load off of your shoulders and you'll feel a lot better and a lot less stressed!

Good luck and I'm here if you need me! Bighug[/COLOR]

If Poland is a lot like Russia when it comes to gays and/or women then I (as a lesbian) would leave at the first opportunity. (Come to think of it I left Texas for similar reasons, though Russia is even worse.)

Just saying.

Pix Wrote:If Poland is a lot like Russia when it comes to gays and/or women then I (as a lesbian) would leave at the first opportunity. (Come to think of it I left Texas for similar reasons, though Russia is even worse.)

Just saying.

I could leave anytime, since I'm a citizen of European Union. It's kind of pointless though - won't get a real job without education.

Dylannihilation Wrote:[COLOR="DarkRed"]The first thing is this: don't give up hope! I know it seems like you're losing your mind and won't be able to handle it, but you CAN! Smile There are so many people out there for you to talk to! I know that you feel really alone right now, but just breathe! Smile I know how you're feeling, and trust me, there are so many places online that can help you connect with others that feel the same.

You are NOT alone in this! If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'd be honored to help you! And I know many others on here would be, too.

But if you don't feel safe in telling others, you don't have to at all! If you feel threatened and scared of what might happen, I'd suggest that you just wait it out until you graduate. Your safety is above all else, hun. It may help a lot to tell your bisexual friend, though. That way, you can get some of the load off of your shoulders and you'll feel a lot better and a lot less stressed!

Good luck and I'm here if you need me! Bighug[/COLOR]

Thank you.

wow your having a difficult time mate but at least you can come to gayspeak and be with friends. Well i dont see you changing peoples minds over there about gay people so i would get your education and make plans to leave for a job more friendly place if possible, just keep your head down and be safe, the person you say is a friend in the dorms that would hit you for been gay is a brainwashed thug,,,not a freind at all if he would turn on you. If you feel its safe then tell the bi girl and maybe she knows other gay lads in hiding, the stats say that you are not alone by a long way in college so maybe she could be the way to meet others? maybe worth a try if you can trust her.
Good luck anyway.

but if they ask - it would be nice to feel safe enough to tell the truth. Nevermind.[/QUOTE]

this is what i've done , some people ignored me for a while; but they camed back as the friends they were, making gay jokes about me talking to a guy , but that's what friends do right?

look for more gay affirming room mates, not necessarily gay but gay accepting, see if you can swap rooms.