Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting messed about with on dating sites
Right I'm on a proper dating site in the UK. It's a free one.

The thing is I'm chatting away with a 22yro uni student who is cute. I like him quite alot and we been chatting for a week and half. We have even swapped numbers. He lives in London but only till he finishes his degree.

The thing is I'm starting to have a feeling he's just leading me on. I've asked him when does he want to have a chat on the phone and he replied soon. I know he's trying to get work done etc but I'm not to sure he's interested in going further than messaging.
We're been getting quite close until today all the cuteness has gone and it felt like he wanted me to talk more flirtatiously with him.

This is the first time I've tried dating a younger guy too so it could just be an age thing. Hmmm any advice people?

Personally my schedule with home, work, school is crazy. Sometimes I will have spare time, other times im going crazy. My schedule is not stable AT ALL. If he is like me it could be completely classes, sometimes I go into overload for 1 to 2 weeks. I would suggest giving him time, at least two weeks see if he comes around. Smile you may be glad you waited!

He has said he's having anxiety iuses towards his uni work atm. It's his third and last year so yeah you probably yet. I'm remember it to do well myself.

OK, I get that the guys we talk to online, dating sites and whatever, are people just like us and have issues and schedules and obligations and such. But if they're going to start conversations, wouldn't a little straightforward honesty be nice? Like, instead of saying "Soon" admit that he's buried in work and stressed and needs a bit of time. So then I know it isn't me. He's not sitting there thinking, "I don't want to talk to this boring creep". When something doesn't go right, we all have the tendency to think that it's about us.

I've pretty much given up on meeting guys online because no one says what they mean and there's too damn much uncertainty.

Yeah, my advice is to give him some time, you never know...

artyboy Wrote:Right I'm on a proper dating site in the UK. It's a free one.

The thing is I'm chatting away with a 22yro uni student who is cute. I like him quite alot and we been chatting for a week and half. We have even swapped numbers. He lives in London but only till he finishes his degree.

The thing is I'm starting to have a feeling he's just leading me on. I've asked him when does he want to have a chat on the phone and he replied soon. I know he's trying to get work done etc but I'm not to sure he's interested in going further than messaging.
We're been getting quite close until today all the cuteness has gone and it felt like he wanted me to talk more flirtatiously with him.

This is the first time I've tried dating a younger guy too so it could just be an age thing. Hmmm any advice people?

artyboy Wrote:He has said he's having anxiety iuses towards his uni work atm. It's his third and last year so yeah you probably yet. I'm remember it to do well myself.

Here's my advice coming from experience dating while either being in school or dating someone in school. More than likely not leading you on as it is difficult to find free time. I only work a full time job and it is hard to find time to date, especially with conflicting schedules, money...time, etc.

If your intent is a relationship, settle down with someone, etc. Take your time with him because if you don't it will not work. Re-read that because sometimes we get the idea that people have freetime they don't really have. I know that after I have a bad day at work I might not want to talk to anyone, I might just want to watch TV and go to sleep. Have to keep in mind sometimes being a student they might be up for 18 hours cramming for a test and getting a text from someone saying why don't you talk to me, or something like that really just spells for disaster and much unneeded stress. Not saying you've done any of that, but if you think this guy is great otherwise and you want to see where things go, relax a bit, take you time and when you both have time to meet up and go on a more proper date you'll be able to get a clearer picture of who they are and whether you want to continue dating.

I will also say that 22 is a bit young too, but I don't know how guys in other countries are, I know here in the US you can probably count on them being immature.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

When I'm busy I wont have time to flirt via messages, I rather talk/flirt/chat on phone.. Well that's just me...

Thanks, I sent him saying how are things and I'll just it at that. He doesn't seem that immature during out conversations. I quite surprised how much he is.

I know what you mean and being told I'm sexy is nice and all but it kind of gets worn out... There's a lot more of this in previous messages...but...well kind of blurry but still readable...

Anyway, this sort of thing doesn't impress me....have something else to talk about.

My intuition says he's wanting a hookup...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

To tell you the truth we haven't flirted like that. I have a feeling he wants me to though.