Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting older
When I ask my teenagers in school what they mean by 'old', they've recently said: "Oh, anyone older than 50!". I said THANKS!!! Wink What can you do when kids don't even know that old is 70-80-90 these days, and even 70 doesn't always fit the bill...

princealbertofb Wrote:When I ask my teenagers in school what they mean by 'old', they've recently said: "Oh, anyone older than 50!". I said THANKS!!! Wink What can you do when kids don't even know that old is 70-80-90 these days, and even 70 doesn't always fit the bill...

LOL, when I was a teenager, anyone over thirty was old :biggrin: hmm actually, if they had kids, they could easily be over 20, but still too old :biggrin:

I remember reading a book about a 60 years old lady who drank wine :eek: and bought a new dress for a party :eek: :biggrin: Shame on me :redface:

Has anyone seen Harold and Maud?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067185/

I turn 25 in January, I'm not bothered about it. There are more important things in life then worrying about getting older. Smile

Oh my 25 Confusedmile:

My eldest son is 28.

Well I view my life in two main categories , B.C. ( Before Children ) A.C. ( After Children)
So during my B.C. years I was a wild thing , I always thought that I would never make 30 as to me that was old and my motto was "Live fast ,party hard and leave a good looking corpse behind."

Then I started losing some friends and family to the grim-reaper ( AIDS , Accidents, Suicide and illness ) suddenly I was no longer 6 foot tall and bullet proof.

Death is an amazing teacher of humility and maturity , and it did so with me, it taught me to respect life ,to cherish it , to live it with zest ,not just for myself but for those that had passed on and will never have the privilege of having their hair turn silver.

Enter the next part of my life , children , my two boys.
Wow , I had never felt more alive , a whole new world opened up , I could see the world through their eyes and it was a world filled with joy and wonder , discovery and amazement.

Nothing made me happier then coming home to them , playing smash up cars ,up and down the hall way , building racing tracks , Lego cities , mechanical theme parks , or jumping in puddles and making mud pies.

I spent hours transforming the house into a magical wonderland at Christmas and Easter , right down to the bunny foot prints .
Birthdays were always my favorite , kids everywhere and games to play.

And now a brand new world has opened ,with my granddaughters , my precious fairy's.
We have so much fun together.

Old age does not worry me , I am to busy living life.

I persoanlly thought that 27-28 where the best years of my life, to me it was the point where I changed from the shy little boy into a man.

The only thing that bothers me about being 44 is that you are supposed to feel older than 20, but I don't.

My eyes don't work like they used to, but glasses correct that.
I don't go on 3 day drinking benders going to bed at 3am on Monday morning and getting up at 6am to go to work anymore.
I don't bounce out of bed anymore, I roll out of bed then pick myself up off the floor when my knees start working.
I don't bend over to tie my shoe laces anymore, I sit down in a chair.

BUT I still have the same ying in my yang that I had when I was a teenager.

The best thing about aging? You slow down and it is as if your body is saying 'Right, the first 30 years you went hell for leather and didn't stop to smell the roses, now you are going to bloody well stop for those roses NOW.'

You learn to appreciate what you have, you reflect on what you have done, and you look forward to the rest of your time on this earth and the little suprises that come along because you have chilled Wink

I'm approaching fifty - unfortunately from the wrong direction. Cry

age is a curious thing, it tends to sneak up on you.

Although I got a pleasant surprise this year when i realised that i was a year younger than i thought i was.

Undreamt Wrote:age is a curious thing, it tends to sneak up on you.

Although I got a pleasant surprise this year when i realised that i was a year younger than i thought i was.

lol ... how did that happen ?? xD

I am 46 years old, but every time someone asks me how old I am, I say that I am 44. I don't do that on purpose but my mind does not accept the fact that I am actually 46.

I think I will be the rest of my life 44 years old. Wink2