Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting over someone
Any advice on how to get over the love of your life?

I can't stop checking my phone every second, and waiting for that call or text from him. I know he doesn't want me to leave, but I needed to.

I wish I could help you, but I don't really have any experience with that. The only thing I can imagine is that its like going through a mourning process, time will be the only thing that will make it better.

What I can say is :
Do other things .... visit friends ...family... anything but don´t wait for a call or things like that.
Do what you want and need for yourself.... something you want to do since a long time to make YOU happy and feel better.
It can be good to go out.... maybe swimming, Theater .. cinema.. go into a Café and read a book. Or only nature... walk a bit to nice places you know.
It needs time for you and your soul to understand what happened.... to show yourself that you are a "free man" again ( and that must not be a bad thing ) .... and after a while... watch out for a nice guy :-)

find yourself a new love life here in Gayspeak.

tintin Wrote:Any advice on how to get over the love of your life?

I can't stop checking my phone every second, and waiting for that call or text from him. I know he doesn't want me to leave, but I needed to.

It's going to take time. I went through a bad break up in Dec and I was a mess. He cheated and lied to me. It's been close to two months and I'm 110% better. Pretty much over him and the relationship. I never thought I was going to get to this stage, but I did.

Best piece of advice I can give you is be patient, go no contact with your ex, and be kind to yourself. If you feel like crying and letting it all out, do it. Don't keep your emotions bottled up. Go out with friends, workout, try getting into a new hobby and keep yourself busy. We've all been where you're at and it does get better. Trust me on this one.

Ive been here before plenty of times. Best piece of advice is find something you absolutely love doing, I mean something you enjoy a lot, and start filling your time with that. Either that or surround yourself with friends that you can have a good time around and forget everything. I know how you're feeling and you don't want to act how I acted; IMing him every freaking hour, sending a text every hour etc. Yeah I was pretty bad and am still disappointed I acted that way but just try to surround yourself with other things and it should work out.

you can always visit dating sites. look for someone near your area.

I've not long split up with my Boyfriend of 3 years, for 2 years i felt that we were made for each other, we fit perfectly, we shared friends, common interests, food, sports, tv programmes, music.. the sex was good.. but he was 7 years older than me and had a past that i didnt approve of. Guys kept coming out of the woodwork from his past that he had slept with etc, experimented with.. all that sort of thing. I fell out of love with him, i didnt trust him, but i still miss him now. Ive been apart from him for 2 months and i still think "Oh, what if.." and things like that.

When we first split up, i threw myself into my friends, i went out every night, went to the cinema, went round peoples houses, and i just kept myself busy. The worst thing in the world that you can do is just stay in doing nothing, as you will just find yourself picking up your phone or your computer and waiting for calls or messages like you say you have been. My friends really helped me come to terms with the fact that it was over and there are plenty more fish in the sea.

Also, many of my friends (Personally i dont like the idea of this one, but meh) say that rebounds are the perfect way to get over someone. My best friend always finds someone else straight after he's ended a relationship, and as long as it's just a rebound you want it to be and the other guy is happy with that then i think its ok. I think it probably helps to subside the pain you feel for the breakup because you're preocuppied with this other person.

You'll get through it Wink x

Bad news you will never "Get over it" but you will get through it it will take time.

My first love died over 15 years ago I will never "Get Over It" but i did get through it and i have found someone new whom i love very much.

I still love my first (name not important) and always will but life goes on he Died i did not.

I know it is not the same as leaving exactly but in time you will get through your separation and move on.

to say that you will be unable to get over it is ridiculous.
feelings are not always constant. and rest assured, you're feelings to that guy will change and you will have someone whom you can concentrate on with your life as time goes by....