Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting over someone you can't have
I'm posting this wondering if you guys have ever really liked or had a crush on someone who was straight (of for those of you who are straight they are gay). and wanted to know how to get over it so that you not all googly eyes when their close to you.

My story behind this is in the link, I've been crushing on him for awhile now and know i know for sure his straight and he knows I'm gay but my junk just doesn't seem to get that no means no when it comes to him

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=18720

Lots of time cures it - mostly.

The attraction will, most likely, always be there, but over time it will lessen and get more bearable, and eventually you will go long periods of time not feeling those feelings.

As with most things, we humans have a remarkable ability to put distance between those emotions we can't do anything about and ourselves - with time.

Time eases grief, time eases unrequited love, time eases much.

How one gets to that point is usually grin and bear it. We all have our 'issues' with emotions we can't do anything with. Sure a majority of us make it look easy, but that is because we are just good actors. Wink

For the record you are painfully, acutely normal. We all have at least one 'love affair' with someone who cannot or will not love us back. Unrequited love is what it is called.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unrequited_love

http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-Unrequited-Love

http://www.uncommonhelp.me/articles/how-...ited-love/

Take what you can from those, and look up 'how to deal with unrequited love' on the internet - lots of sites talk about it.

I know that feeling. Happens quite often but as time goes by It eases. I had a crush on a guy for 2 years but couldn't do anything. But i'm over it now and moved on but that was a hard one to get over. Hope you do well.

think in terms of the other way around; your gay and someone straight has the eyes for you. Think how personally destructive that would be for them.

When I was 16-17 years old I had a huge crush on this guy...I thought about him day and night and I knew he was straight...he was a letterman and played basketball and water polo. A few times when I was walking he picked me up in his car and gave me a ride and I could hardly talk or breathe.

...and then one night my friend who was gay calls me and tells me he is in love with me and wants me to come over to his (my friends) house and talk. I thought for sure it was a joke and I wouldn't come...and then he knocks on my door a few days later and asks me if I want to do something. I was so nervous I was shaking....

...and he took me to his house and when we got in his bedroom he pulled out his dick and tried to shove my head down there....within five minutes I was completley out of love with him and had ZERO interest. :biggrin:

All my Mates are straight and there a few that give me a constant boner lol

Yep.

Sam. Wonderful and handsome lad. 6ft tall. Gentleman. Brown sandy hair. Body to die for. Kung Fu student.

We work in the same office building for different companies. We both were fresh faces at the time. He joined his company 2-3 months earlier before I joined mine.

We used to purchase our lunch at the same cafe every day on the first year and a half.

During the first year, he always made sure that I entered the elevator first. Once there was a big crowd entering an elevator that Sam and I were going to take. Sam and I were the last two to enter. The doors were about to close before both of us managed to step in. Sam like a thunder slammed, held the doors and stood between the doors. He asked me to step in. My jaw dropped.

There was another gay guy in the elevator at the time. He kept looking at Sam and I. I was like, "Eat you heart out, suckerrrrr! He's mineeeee. MINEEE!!!" Grlaugh

Basically Sam treated me like a prince.

Then I found out he is straight. Holy-what-the-hell.

Then his best friend flirted me. I thought it was a good thing. I thought his best friend can distract me from him but nope.

Then something happened. I eventually lost Sam as a friend.

We bumped into each other from time to time. He still smiles at me but I have trouble to smile back at him. I tend to look on the floor.

I actually have forgotten my crush on him for months until I bumped into him inside a train ... last Tuesday. He didn't see me. Even though I was standing right behind him. He was busy texting the whole time.

He lives nearby to my house now. With his girlfriend. Yippie.

So we work in the same building, take the same train and live close to each other. Triple the yippie.

I wish I can give you an advice but I can't. The best that I can tell is that you will eventually forget your crush. But it will take time.

I believe I will eventually forget Sam - completely. My crush on him is no longer that strong anymore because I am distracted by another guy. But it will take time to completely forget him. But how I wish I could have him back as a friend. But that will only happen when pigs fly.

Jay Wrote:Yep.

Sam. Wonderful and handsome lad. 6ft tall. Gentleman. Brown sandy hair. Body to die for. Kung Fu student.

We work in the same office building for different companies. We both were fresh faces at the time. He joined his company 2-3 months earlier before I joined mine.

We used to purchase our lunch at the same cafe every day on the first year and a half.

During the first year, he always made sure that I entered the elevator first. Once there was a big crowd entering an elevator that Sam and I were going to take. Sam and I were the last two to enter. The doors were about to close before both of us managed to step in. Sam like a thunder slammed, held the doors and stood between the doors. He asked me to step in. My jaw dropped.

There was another gay guy in the elevator at the time. He kept looking at Sam and I. I was like, "Eat you heart out, suckerrrrr! He's mineeeee. MINEEE!!!" Grlaugh

Basically Sam treated me like a prince.

Then I found out he is straight. Holy-what-the-hell.

Then his best friend flirted me. I thought it was a good thing. I thought his best friend can distract me from him but nope.

Then something happened. I eventually lost Sam as a friend.

We bumped into each other from time to time. He still smiles at me but I have trouble to smile back at him. I tend to look on the floor.

I actually have forgotten my crush on him for months until I bumped into him inside a train ... last Tuesday. He didn't see me. Even though I was standing right behind him. He was busy texting the whole time.

He lives nearby to my house now. With his girlfriend. Yippie.

So we work in the same building, take the same train and live close to each other. Triple the yippie.

I wish I can give you an advice but I can't. The best that I can tell is that you will eventually forget your crush. But it will take time.

I believe I will eventually forget Sam - completely. My crush on him is no longer that strong anymore because I am distracted by another guy. But it will take time to completely forget him. But how I wish I could have him back as a friend. But that will only happen when pigs fly.

This story was so cute, until yippie came in :mad:... just kidding :tongue: .

It reminds me of my first crush/love, I posted the story somewhere else here, but I agree that is takes time to let it dissolve. I mean, I still love him, because he was my first bestfriend(one of my only ones too, for along time), first crush, first 'kinda' boyfriend, first dissapointment and first person to leave me truely destroyed. All this was 4 years ago, 5 in september(from 4-14/ he was 5-15).

I recently saw him the other day, and I don't think he even recognized me. I spoke to him, and he just gave me the ol' "wassup bud" routine, when I was looking at him with my "omgosh I missed you face" and nearly climbed him like a tree Wasntme . He was looking at me as if though he remembered how we were, but I think he just brushed it off.

It's not his fault though, his dad never liked how close we were and constantly pumped him full of "machismo" and would always watch us from their upstairs window when we were younger. His older brother (he's like 24/25 now) used to try tease him about me, but he never gave in though. His mom loved me, and told me all the time how she wished I was her son, and would let me sleep over, much to her husband's dismay x.x .

I want so bad to just jump on him and never let go, but I've learned from that 4 year seperation that I have to learn to live without him, unless he's able to reciprocate my feelings, so yeah, it definately takes time Whew .

In highschool, (which was just last year Mdrbig ) girls would tell me I looked "pretty" in a boyish way :confused: and tried to set me up all the time with guys. I was like >.> eh, no? One guy actually told the class I was his bitch, and that he was going to get it tattoed around my neck like a dog collar :eek: . I was like, "um... yeah, no".

Definately make sure you're secure in yourself first and the "cosmic flow" will sort everything else out Cool . (Ack, did I just ramble on or what? Opps :redface: )