Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting to know you
that's hard to say. There are times I've been angry, but I don't think I've lost my temper and lashed out at anyone. At least not recently.

No, it doesn't happen at all. I keep in mind how I would feel if I were on the other end of it, so I keep it in check.

What is the most unusual request a friend has made of you?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I once biked on a highway when I was 12 (which is illegal) heh.

If you could live in any setting in the world, where would you live? (not an actual geographic place, rather just "forest", "city" and / or a mix of categories)

Fuck, I replied to wrong. So ignore my previous message.

The most odd request a friend has made... Hmm... That has to be my brother manipulating / blackmailing me to drive him to another city so that he could buy drugs. (I thought we were going to go on a nice roadtrip, but it was a trip from hell I'll never forget).

If you could live in any setting in the world, where would you live? (not an actual geographic place, rather just "forest", "city" and / or a mix of categories)
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

A tropical island with a nice breeze, pink sand, and turquoise waters.

Are there any sci-fi/fantasy worlds that you would chose to live in? No ad hocs, i.e. nothing akin to "I'd live in the Harry Potter world if I could, just no dementors" or "the Star Wars universe, just not during the wars."

For sci-fi, I think you know one of my answers - The Culture. I'd also be happy living in the Dune universe, that would be fascinating developing my mental capabilities with a healthy spice addiction lol.
For fantasy, I'd definitely choose to live in Middle Earth; Lothlorien or Rivendell. I ain't scared of Sauron!

If you could swap places and become a character from a book you've read, who would that be, and from what book?
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Like you, probably any character from the Culture Series universe that doesn't die. If I can chose minor characters, then any of the Culture citizens that Banks mentions in passing. Even if I get stuck with one of the major characters, I'd probably just screw the mission I was on and live the high life. If I was a character outside the Culture, like Horza in the first book, I'd probably just make my way for the nearest orbital and beg for citizenship. It might be a sticky situation if I get stuck with the guy from Player of Games, since he got blackmailed into joining Special Circumstances, but even then it would be worth it. Of course unlike most Culture citizens, I would probably opt for immortality rather than the standard 400 - 500 year life expectancy, although I have no idea what it'd be like to live that long, so maybe even in a utopia I would choose a peaceful passing.

If you discovered you possessed a special type of power, like telekinesis or mind reading, would you keep it a secret or try to become famous?

I’d repress it until I was really pissed off at work, then reveal my apocalyptic destructive talents.

Not that I’ve ever thought about this, of course.

What has been your major worry lately?
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

Definitely tinnitus. I really just want it to disappear.

How do you handle your health problems?

Usually hope they go away until they do (or get severely worse).

Savoury or sweet?
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

Depends on my mood. Lately, it has been more sweet.

What is your biggest passion?

Writing, which most people who know me actually don't know about.

What do you do to stay in shape?