Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ggaahhh!!!!!
I know I've posted about this guy before and idk what I'm wanting someone to tell me... however I really need to just vent so I figured I'd do it on here where I can just spill everything out and see what people say.

I've still been close with this guy as in we talk almost all day everyday via text still. This past week he was down for the thanksgiving holiday. During that week I had the pleasure of seeing him twice. We went to eat once then we went back to his house and played video games for a couple hours before I left. The second time we went to the mall and just walked around for a while and spent some time in books a million. We stopped in the pet store there as well and knowing I have a fear of spiders he decides to lets look at the spiders. While peering into the spiders cage he does his hand in this spider crawling type motion on the side of my face and tickled my ear. After we went back to his place we sat around and listened to some records, one that I got him and a couple he bought. We just talked and I was air drumming. While I was air drumming he was mimicking me. Also, there was this made in china sticker that he kept sticking on my face and I would put it back on his face. When I told him that I needed to leave he decides that we should have a rubber band war. Also, when I was leaving both times he hugged me. He normally does but this time they were longer and the last time was tighter than normal.

I know that this is just me rambling but this is the first time I've ever felt like this for anyone and I'm not making that up. The last thing that I want to do is mess this up because he means so much to me. It almost seems to good to be true that someone like him even exist.

If anyone has any tips on how I should show him that I want something more than friendship with him or does anyone even think that it seems like he likes me?? I'm so confused and I don't know what to do.

In this "new world", more guys are brought up without the benefit of the old "guys dont hug, men dont cry" alpha male crap.

A lot of males are brought up to be feeling beings, more than emotionless statues nowdays.

Dont fall into the trap, that just because he's nice to you, means he's "into" you. Some people are just friendly and what I call "huggy-kissy" people.

I have a female friend who's husband (Jay) was brought up to believe everybody is equal and human. Jays best friend in high school was a guy who liked guys, so he had no concept of "gay hate crimes" then.
Jay told me recently that he was at church with one of his gay friends and his hubby. They were an older couple and were raised by the 50's mentality, where gays were bashed, beaten, and killed.
Jay said that his friend had come to terms with there being all sorts of people who thought "gay" was an issue, and those that didnt care, as long as you are a decent human being. The hubby on the other hand, was skiddish of new people and didnt trust "straights".

Jay is a "huggy-kissy" person. So, as they left the church, Jay hugged his friend goodbye and then hugged his hubby goodbye. The hubby was apparently shocked. Jays friend explained later that his hubby had grown up in a bad area where he was beaten where ever he went, when he was younger. Apparently he was very effeminate. Jays friend also explained that his hubby had never met "straight" people who didnt care or make an issue about someones personal preferences, and was shocked.

The point of the story is, that there are men out there who are real people. They are not afraid to be human or act kindly towards someone.

Just be good friends. It is even harder to find a good, honest friend, than it is to find a boyfriend who isnt a player. Be friends, dont think about "how" he likes you, just be happy you have a friend. If HE makes a move one day, then thats different.....or if HE brings up the subject one day, then you have an opportunity to discuss it or ask him your questions.

Until then, just be happy you have such a human friend.