Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost boxes
SilverBullet Wrote:"MisterTinkles;372420]Im not making fun of anyones beliefs, but this is just cwaaaaazeeee!!!! Wink"

Yea, as humans we have accomplished a degree of space travel, Bombs that could wipe out small countries, lasers and now the nsa is working on Quantum computers. Humans are inventive for sure and as far as hoaxes go we were masters of it years ago. I never believe whats on a video clip about stuff like this, I would have to see it personally in a controlled environment using personal equipment and even then I would go through rigorous testing/experiments and still probably would not believe it. But I do enjoy stuff like like this or Lockness or something, I like the idea of a mystery and unexplained Smile.

Oh, yeah, I am VERY fascinated by this kind of thing, always have been, always will be.
But I find that a lot of people WANT to believe this stuff, contrary to any proof, explanation, or truth otherwise.

I really like The Amazing Randi....
He was a professional illusionist turned to debunker of scams/frauds/hoaxes.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Randi

For his long career as a "debunker", he offered a one million dollar prize to anyone, anywhere, who could show him something "paranormal", "extraterrestrial", or "unearthly" that he could not find cause/reason for, especially "tricks" that people played in order to get others to believe in the "supernatural" or "aliens" and such.

To this day, I dont think it was paid to anyone, because Randi debunked them all.

I would love to see the amazing Randi trying to debunk this:

Marcello Bacci's radio, the most amazing ghost box ever.

MisterLove Wrote:I would love to see the amazing Randi trying to debunk this:

Marcello Bacci's radio, the most amazing ghost box ever.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. You are perfectly within your rights to believe whatever you want. That being said, you aren't going to persuade anyone here with a youtube video. You can put anything on a video. I'm not saying it isn't true, but this is far from proof of anything.

VileKyle Wrote:I've said this before and I'll say it again. You are perfectly within your rights to believe whatever you want. That being said, you aren't going to persuade anyone here with a youtube video. You can put anything on a video. I'm not saying it isn't true, but this is far from proof of anything.

Absolutely Kyle.

And, as previously expressed....ANYONE can manipulate airwaves for their own gain.
We can see who is on THIS side of the radio.....I want to know who is working the OTHER side of the radio set!!!!

I researched to see if the Amazing Randi ever debunked "ghost boxes", and this is what I came across....

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swif...lenge.html

Apparently the supposed "proof" video account was deleted, presumably because Randi debunked it.

But here is the basic theory behind the making of a "ghost box"...

1. Take a US radio to another country.

2. Press the Scan Stations button.

3. As it scans, it will occasionally lock onto anything that resembles a recognizable signal and spit out bits of noise. Sometimes this noise might contain words or music.

4. Listen to this noise with an extremely biased ear. Latch onto anything that sounds like a real word. Use imagination to fill in missing words so as to fit whatever context you have created. Be sure to add it to video as written text so as to immediately influence anyone else who might be watching.

5. Get spooked.

6. Make a fool of yourself on the Internet.

Apparently this can be done with an older model radio too, if you know how to manually scan on it.

As with all "para-normal" activity, you are fooling yourself into "filling in the gaps", as what you think you are hearing is not actually what is happening. You are hearing what the claimer WANTS you to hear. When it comes to the paranormal, most people tend to be more gullible and open to false suggestion.

Some of these charlatans and con-artists depend on getting you sufficiently "creeped out" that you will believe anything they say or tell you. The power of suggestion is a constant in these cases, otherwise nobody would believe in them at all.

I'm not a fan of James Randi, I think he's just found his own schtick and ironically he's hoaxed at least one of his debunkings. I can't recall the details as it was over 10 years ago when I read of it but he hoaxed how some fairy pix were made saying he "exposed" it which got those who DID hoax it, but not that way, to laugh. Before the last one died she showed how they really hoaxed it which goes to show James Randi was just as deceptive as them.

There was another "experiment" of his which was crap, too.

That aside, I don't mean to say I'm impressed with YT vids and while I entertain all sorts of bizarre and supernatural possibilities I'm also inclined to Occam's Razor (in short I'm like Moulder and Scully combined). I tend to like that skeptics society that either Randi founded or became the spokesman for, too, and think they at least serve a useful purpose (it's one thing to expose frauds and provide accurate explanations for paranormal events as the society seems inclined to do as opposed to combating hoaxes, and perhaps even the truth, with more fraud as Randi can do).

As someone who has had some paranormal experiences, I'm not quick to deny that's real.

Could it be faked? sure. Just because it can be, doesn't mean it is.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I have yet to ever come across any "paranormal" experience that did not have at least 5 real explanations of what caused it.