Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gilhooly- Are you REAL?
His message-

"New Yorkers are open minded not like Michele Bachmann and you homophobes from Minnesota. You think it's funny that their are clusters of gay suicides where you grew up/"

You send me an infarction for saying that people from New York are generally unfriendly.

And then you say that everyone from Minnesota is homophobic (Completely untrue- Minnesota is totally gay friendly) based on Michele Bachmann, who was elected in the most conservative district in the state.

Are you aware that Minneapolis has a 12.5% gay population? Apparently not.
And by the way, if you're so open minded, why are you spouting defamatory and false statements about Minnesota? MN is one of the most gay friendly states in America.

I am so sick of people from the New York City area insulting and mocking everyone from the Midwest and South.

If I remember correctly, gilhooly is the one who posts very long and seemingly irrelevant comments that usually seem to relate to the gay sexcapades of his youth. Just ignore him.

If someone sent you a pm then it was obviously meant just for you, what will this resolve when it was between you two, im sure he didnt want his message pasted up on screen.

partis Wrote:If someone sent you a pm then it was obviously meant just for you, what will this resolve when it was between you two, im sure he didnt want his message pasted up on screen.

The reality is, he did not send me a message. He sent me an infarction. Then he insulted me in the infarction about me "insulting" him.

Do you not see why this is problematic?

Yeah the infraction thing is problematic and hes stupid for doing it.

Arkansota Wrote:Then he insulted me in the infarction about me "insulting" him.

Thats kinda f***** up though sort of funny. Soz.

tit for tat
You insult where he came from, he insults where you came from.

It turns out that he's probably a troll. He compared me to Adam Lanza for having Autism. Sheesh.

Arkansota, I will say this with no intention of insulting anybody:

both you and Gilhooly are on the wrong stance. He has no place insulting all the people from a state on what turns out to be wrong information.

You however, while not being rude like he's probably being, are incurring in the same behavior by generalizing about New Yorkers...New York is a city with some 8,5 million people and they can't all possibly unfriendly and rude. Have you been to NY? Have you met all 8,5 million New Yorkers?

If he has troll behavior the best thing you can do is IGNORE him, and if he's attacking you personally, report him to Andy

Don't incur in the same dealings by generalizing New Yorkers (I recall one of your threads, you did exactly this about the whole North East, again,you were not rude, but that's wrong nevertheless)

Now, one positive thing I can see from what you just wrote is this:

I'm constantly worried about your "tribalism" tendencies, meaning that obession with the South and seeming hatred or dislike of the Midwest were you come from, which have all been present on more than one of your threads. I recall several times in which you were worried about Arkansas possibly being Midwest and considering leaving only on account to that..

what I see from the above, tough, is that if his sayings upset you, is because you actually don't hate or dislike the State from where you came, which is a good sign.

it makes us see you're not really a bad person overall...

I don't get it. You pretty much worship the south and have said a lot of disparaging things about some of the other parts of the country so if you can't take it you should probably not dish it out.