Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gin
I have recently discovered Gin. Not most people's favourite drink, certainly, it seems, not amongst young people.

The problem is there are so many different types of gin out there i'm unsure which is best. I'm willing to pay a little more for a good gin, but at the same time i find anything in excess of £20-25 too much.

From probing about, and asking friends and family etc i've received conflicting reports on Gordon's, Bombay Sapphire, or Tanqueray being the best moderately priced gin. (Gordons £13, Bombay £17, Tanqueray £21 approx).

So for those of you in the know, WHICH IS BEST? I simply must know. Surely one of you is, or is becoming a gin-soaked-crone like i am!

I am sure there was a song or something about a gin-soaked boy?

When I was a student I went through a peculiar period of drinking gin neat, was a b***er trying to get barmen to give it to me neat.

Anyway to answer your question. I would recommend The London Gin No. 1 although I would have to admit that it is right at the very top of your price range.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Try Hendricks Gin , simply the best in my opinion , expensive but worth it

jwm Wrote:I have recently discovered Gin. Not most people's favourite drink, certainly, it seems, not amongst young people.

The problem is there are so many different types of gin out there i'm unsure which is best. I'm willing to pay a little more for a good gin, but at the same time i find anything in excess of £20-25 too much.

From probing about, and asking friends and family etc i've received conflicting reports on Gordon's, Bombay Sapphire, or Tanqueray being the best moderately priced gin. (Gordons £13, Bombay £17, Tanqueray £21 approx).

So for those of you in the know, WHICH IS BEST? I simply must know. Surely one of you is, or is becoming a gin-soaked-crone like i am!

My favorite was brandy for many years. However, I am now partial to Gin. I especially enjoy Bombay Sapphire. It is expensive in the U.S. ($41.99 for 1.75 L). But can get it at Costco for $11 less.

As for Hendricks Gin Gareth recommended, I have not tried it. Am wondering if that particular Gin is available in the U.S. ?

DJ

Have you ever tried Junipero?

Bombay my friend. I'm not a huge fan of gin, but if I didn't have a choice I would happily drink Bombay (that didn't really make much sense, but I hope you get where I'm coming from)

Never tried Gin, few of my friends drink it, London Gin, I like my Vodka and Coke.

I like Gin.....hick..hick.....Disoriented

Bombay Sapphire, or Tanqueray - go for one of these, we make the bottles where I work so you'll be keeping me in a job LOL, plus i could do with a good bonus this year so drink away m8,

to be honest though im not a gin drinker at all but i do know these 2 are very good sellers and we value their buiseness as we make good money from the parent companys

I've no idea about any of them, but I'd be all for keeping the lovely matty in a job Wink