Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass Butt Plugs
East Wrote:I have an antique store and I have a lot of glass (and break a lot of it unfortunately)...and the thickest glass breaks just as easily as the thinnest when dropped...

well, that's why i specified ''at least when banging it against human insides''. whether a glass breaks upon dropping depends on a lot of things, the hardness of the ground, the angle at which the glass falls (i.e. the angle at which the force is applied to the glass), and the strength of the bonds between glass molecules (which varies from glass to glass). i've dropped glasses on ceramic tile, concrete, and wood and have them survive the impact. other times they have shattered.

but we're not talking about a situation where such force is applied to the glass. my argument with the cocktail glass was this: when a glass as thin as that is used for a butt plug, then the tension forces that start pressing on the sides of the glass become sufficient enough to torque it and break the bonds and shatter the glass. if it's a thicker glass then the forces applied to the side of the material are not sufficient to break it. not to even mention most glass butt plugs i've seen are solid glass (i.e. not containing any cavities), and that's not gonna shatter inside a human body.

and when you study the structure of those glass butt plugs and dildos with cavities you notice how the material is given a smoother transition profile. it's to do with how the material accepts and balances the forces applied to it. you can't make it a thin veneer profile, like a champagne glass, for example. that will break. but a thick and rounded balanced profile glass is safe for such purposes.

Quote:The problem is...if a guy with a glaze buttplug has an accident and he falls hard on his ass...the potential to do damage is there.

well the OP didn't ask advice for a situation like that. he asked about glass butt plugs in general, and it's safe to assume he won't be engaging in foolishness such as that.

No I do not shove glass up my ass. Nor metal nor wood.

You want something with give, flexibility.

The internals of the human anus and lower intestine is all flexible and squishy. Its super delicate compared to these hard as stone materials.

Latex and rubber tend to have the right amount of give.

But nothing compares to the firmness and flexibility of a penis.

Meridan - It is probably a mental image of putting glass in any orifice that could break and cut something that bothers me even if I accept that the probability is very low that it will ever happen...

...Your scenario and explanation sounds logical ....and probably is...but logic isn't always my best friend...

There is a video online (could be fake) of a guy sitting down on a jelly jar.

Of course, it breaks....and then he's pulling shards of glass from his butt, and bleeding.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I think the ones that I have seen are solid pieces of glass and I know that they won't break but it just makes me paranoid thinking about sticking something like that up there and I know one poster saying that the real feeling of a cock is better but I don't have that luxury right now to feel a real penis up my butt, I wish that I did. I am most likely not going to buy one of those just cause I would be freaking out thinking about it. I did order a cool 7.5 inch dildo that I will use to practice with until I can find the real thing, just love how it feels and I can control the movement and what happens. I am a sex toy girl what can I say, lol

Cellar Dweller, I have seen that video and am still squeaminsh even thinking about it. It was horrible!

Jason, stay safer with the flexible dildo. Glass is just too risky and the consequences of poor quality control in manufacturing are hideous to imagine.

I am surprised that Virge has not suggested a certain other toy he favors.
I bid NO Trump!

Stay away from the glass. Period.

Well meridanight isn't completely wrong since what you guys believe to be Glass dildo, they are not actual Glass.

But hey I'm all for a good learning opportunity so I asked a friend of mine who happen to be a sexologist what she thought about glass dildos so it may help you make your choice at a professional level, here's what she said:

They are toys made of annealed/”pyrexed” borosilicate glass — not glass items that people might choose to play with that are not designed to be sex toys. The latter are not safe to use under any circumstances. If it wasn’t designed/sold as a sex toy and it’s made of glass, don’t use it as a sex toy. So those actually using coke bottles or any REAL glass Item are just looking for trouble.

The first safety issue is that the safety/integrity of the glass might be compromised if it is dropped on a hard surface. She recommends that a dropped glass toy be retired if it is dropped on a tiled or cement floor. Even if the user cannot see cracks, the toy might be affected and suddenly be breakable. If this should happen, it could lead to either of the next two possible issues and make them much worse.

While sex toys are made of very hard glass, if they’ve been dropped, moving around a lot with them inside body orifices is the most dangerous scenario. This puts not just temperature stress on the item, but pressure stress. Obviously an internal break with a glass toy is a worst-possible scenario and must be avoided at all costs.

Even if the glass toy has NOT been dropped/compromised, it will be about as hard and inflexible as metal. And so this goes for metal toys too. It is more relevant to dildos than the anal plugs, because the dildos are longer. Trying to sit up with an inflexible item in the rectum, particularly a long one, could be dangerous because the item is not able to bend; it could be painful, if it’s long enough to reach the coccyx/tailbone it could put pressure on it through the rectal wall and bruise it. Worst-case scenario would be tearing, or (if the glass was in fact compromised) breakage.

So when people use a hard plastic/lucite OR glass OR metal toy, especially anally, they should remove the toy before changing positions from, say, lying flat to sitting up. Again, a short toy like a plug is not especially dangerous here — it is the longer dildos that can go deeper and put pressure against the rectal wall/coccyx that I’m especially talking about.

In other words, know your toys AND know your anatomy! Once you do, you can use glass toys safely.

Alex and I have glass dildos and we never had any accident, one need to be very careful though because accident always happens in silly ways so you've been told.

^^^

Thanks, now I have even more useless data in my head that I really shouldn't outta be knowing.:tongue:

East Wrote:Meridan - It is probably a mental image of putting glass in any orifice that could break and cut something that bothers me even if I accept that the probability is very low that it will ever happen...

...Your scenario and explanation sounds logical ....and probably is...but logic isn't always my best friend...

yeah well, that was part of my point -- that it's an irrational fear. it's fine, it goes with being human, some things don't always follow strict logic (not even in my own case). but that's what i wanted to clarify. it's alright if it isn't logical, but it shouldn't be passed off as such. i am pretty adamant about that one.