Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glee actor hopes gay teens can identify with his character
[img2=left]http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/images/news/chriscolfer.jpg[/img2]Chris Colfer, the actor who plays Kurt Hummel in Glee, has said he hopes gay teenagers can identify with the character.

The 19-year-old star was asked by Digital Spy about whether he thought Kurt could help gay teenagers.

He said: "I definitely hope so. I decided to play him the way I do because there are a lot of over- the- top flamboyant loud characters like Kurt on TV.

"I grew up in a small conservative town so I didn't know a lot of people like that, so that's why I decided to play him that way. I have so many letters and messages and fan mail. People are relieved to see someone being honest with who they are."

Kurt's most famous scene to date saw him teaching the football team how to dance to Beyonce's Single Ladies.

In the next series, which begins airing in the UK on April 19th on E4, Kurt gets a boyfriend.

Colfer said: "I think it's going to be the first couple of episodes of the second season, so we've got a while yet. I don't want to be the downside to the relationship so I'm hoping he's less good-looking than me!"

On spoilers for the upcoming season, he said: "We are in a heavy battle with Vocal Adrenaline and they are starting to see the ND as a threat, so they try to sabotage us a bit and we of course sabotage them right back.

"The focus in the next few episodes is probably Rachel, Finn and Kurt. Kurt wants Kurt's dad and Finn's mum to get married so he can get closer to him! The crush hasn't gone away – I think he'll always have a soft spot for him!"
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

SIGH.............................................. Hes awesome.....

Yeah just what we need to identify with. Another sexless, one dimensional, glitter fairy you'd be ashamed to associate with.

Um...Kurt isnt exactly one dimensional. The episodes in which he's the featured character are fairly in depth. There's a lot more to him than the usual glitter fairy...and I wouldnt define him as that either. He's a very hard stereotype to pin. I don't see him wearing some flashy garish thing on purpose; he does have an obsession with fashion though. Don't be terribly hard on him, especially since his character hasnt been fully developed yet.

Of course my favorite gay character will always be Andrew Van de Kamp from Desperate Housewives...

I like him hes got balls.

Maybe I should be in a drama lol lol lol.

Hes awesome! I think his character is brilliant, specially since the writers only put it in after he auditioned for another part! Shows how good he is! Hes19 and hes the future of acting........................Big Grin

Say what you like the whole show is vacuous and one-dimensional in the extreme...

If he's the future of acting then fuck help modern drama.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:Say what you like the whole show is vacuous and one-dimensional in the extreme...

If he's the future of acting then fuck help modern drama.

Its a show about school kids singing what the fuck were you expecting!! You should stop hating the world sox.............

sox-and-the-city Wrote:Say what you like the whole show is vacuous and one-dimensional in the extreme...

I'll admit that the basic concept is flimsy and a tad one-dimensional. However there is far more too it, some very entertaining multi-dimensional sub-plots. At the end of the day it is supposed to be FUN and ENTERTAINING, so lighten up a bit Sox, some days you are worse than me!
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

It's supposed to be, Fred, but just isn't. Talentless and bland cast horrifically butchering classic songs and stories so contrived and formulaic they make panel shows seem an innovative and dangerous new format.

I don't hate the world, much less do i hate teen drama, i just have standards. The quality of the production storywriting and production values is low. End of. Now if you'll excuse me, i'm off to watch something that won't deplete my brain cells or reduce my sperm count.