Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go for it?
So theres this guy that I volunteer with once a week. I think he is gay, we make eye contact for those few long seconds and everything, but I am not sure. We are both still in the closet (mostly) and I dont know wheather I should try for anything or just keep quiet because he may not be gay. How should I approach this?:confused:

How about talking to each other?

Saying hi for once haha, kidding, try to get to know him Smile, you may build up quite a friendship and hey even if he still isn't gay, you'll still have that friend Smile

Well I have talked to him about every time we are there, but I just dont know wheather I should go for more or just chill and let him make a move if he is gay. Or not even wory about it and be friends.

Would it be possible to ask him to hang out to watch a DVD or something? Keep it as friends since you're uncertain. Then, see how close to you he sits, and you may have your answer haha (if he even says yes to hanging out, but if he doesn't, then you may also have your answer wiht it just having been on a friend level, not an awkward date level).

Find out what recretional things he enjoys and see if you can plan an outing (pun intended).

You just need to get talking first, then see what progresses from there. I had a similar situation when I was at college and I really regret not taking the plunge and talking to this guy. A wasted opportunity.
Seize the moment and talk to him and break the ice Confusedmile:

Hi GS Anonymous Poster.

Start by talking to him and find out if you have any common interests you could enjoy doing together (apart from the sex bit). Try and develop the relationship, suggest ways of being alone with the guy and make him aware you are not anti-gay might help you to gauge his feelings towards gay people. Also be prepared for his denial even if he is gay, some will not accept they are, just take the time to make the right call. He might just turn out to be the new bf or a good friend, worse case a new enemy. You are the one to find which path to follow, all we can do is give our advice, good or bad which ever it maybe.

Good luck on your path you choose.

HI,

Try talking, maybe drop a very slight hint that you are gay...maybe mention the bars you go to at the weekends!

See how he responds!

don't you have any common friends you can ask to confirm whether he's also gay or not?