Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go or No?
So, I like what I do. I also hate it too, if that makes sense. The pressure and stress seem worth it (not to mention the money Laugh) but lately I'm I find myself cracking under the pressure. I'm at a crossroads now. Should I find something else to do or stick to it? I know it's my choice, but..

You have to choose your own path, if you don't enjoy the path you are on, then you should consider finding a new path that will bring you to your happiness. If you believe that you can make the change, go for it. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

If you are having trouble deciding what to do, i'd suggest picking whichever decision brings you closer to your dreams. Even if it means taking a road you may not be thrilled with. BUT if you are under a lot of mental pressure, then you should defiantly do what's easier for you. Because nobody wants to have a breakdown.

I've always been a dreamer i guess.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:If you are having trouble deciding what to do, i'd suggest picking whichever decision brings you closer to your dreams. Even if it means taking a road you may not be thrilled with. BUT if you are under a lot of mental pressure, then you should defiantly do what's easier for you. Because nobody wants to have a breakdown.

I've always been a dreamer i guess.:redface:

In a nutshell, I'm already living the dream. And it's not just mental stress I have to deal with. There's physical and emotional ones as well. It's exhausting keeping a façade up. But, like I said, I love what I do. It's a very hard decision to make. Sad

Phase Wrote:In a nutshell, I'm already living the dream. And it's not just mental stress I have to deal with. There's physical and emotional ones as well. It's exhausting keeping a façade up. But, like I said, I love what I do. It's a very hard decision to make. Sad

Aww. I was really hoping that wasn't the case. That's one of the worst case scenarios really. :frown:

Is there anyway you can...make things easier?
Maybe you could see a therapist to relive some of the stress?
Or perhaps some form of relaxing meditation?
OR spoil yourself to a massage every so often.(I was originally going to mention this as a joke, but....)
Either way, you NEED to make thing manageable or consider doing something else.
As it's not healthy to be under that much stress, surely, nor could you be THAT happy either.:frown:
Bighug
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Phase Wrote:In a nutshell, I'm already living the dream. And it's not just mental stress I have to deal with. There's physical and emotional ones as well. It's exhausting keeping a façade up. But, like I said, I love what I do. It's a very hard decision to make. Sad

You say you love it, but are you happy? It sounds to me like there is something missing from your life that you are searching for. What do you think that is? Is your job preventing you from finding it? Or perhaps there is something else you wish to be doing instead. I remember when I was going to university and was studying something I loved, but it was very hard and I realized that it wasn't ever going to lead me to what I wanted in life and I had to choose whether to stay or go, I decided to go and take some time to figure things out, who I was and what would make me happy.

Take a vacation somewhere and think about what you want. Go some where peaceful and out of the way and try to put your mind at ease. But ultimately its you who has control over the situation, and I wish you luck on whatever path you choose.

Could you be a little more explicit about the kind of job you have and the façade that you have to keep for it all not to crumble miserably? The risks of keeping up the façade are that you may enter depression and try to compensate with drugs or alcohol or other unsavoury means of coping... Have your mental health at heart first... you owe it to your sanity.

I already have that vacation thing planned out sometime during Christmas season.

I hope. If not I'll really go crazy. Laugh

Phase Wrote:I already have that vacation thing planned out sometime during Christmas season.

I hope. If not I'll really go crazy. Laugh

And you feel satisfied with that? Have you given more thought about what it is you do?

Not really. It's just the best I can think of right now. Which doesn't seem to be that good, come to think of it. Making a major decision like this while hungover in a hotel room in New York seems.. blah. Laugh