Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoGo Boys
So I recently got offered a position working as a gogo boy in a pretty well known gay club near my university. I am super cool with and I thought my boyfriend was ecstatic about it as well; however, I have known for awhile he can be insecure especially when it come to me and I don't know how to deal with it. He says he is fine with me dancing but i know it makes him uncomfortable and the pay helps me afford the things i want for both of us so I don't want to quit. I know it makes him uncomfortable even though he says he can deal with it.

So i was wondering how others feel about dating dancers, strippers, etc...??

First let me say congrats on landing the job.
Is there a trust issue between you?

Perhaps you should invite him to club to watch you dance , after all you are dancing not doing anything else.
I think you need to explain to him , that this is something you are doing for work , and that that is just that work, not flirting , not cheating.

One of my friends in Newcastle dated a stripper ,she was pretty cool with it and none of us complained about the free tickets.

It's job just like anything else.

I never really considered the possibility of a trust issue because we have both been really open about attraction towards other men. We are very relaxed in how we relate to one another....I think its more he doesn't want to admit that this actually does bother him....because he is so used to not having things bother him...and being that this is his first relationship EVER he's never really cared about what a partner did before. I am just worried this will put a rift between us.... -__-

Best thing is to talk honestly and openly, and even invite him to come watch you dance for an evening so he can see that's all it is, just work.

Why not ask him to come along to the club while your performing, and then make a super show of being with him after you finish your set.

It sends a message to him (that you love him) and sends a message to everyone else that you're taken!

Win- Win situation then :-)

ObW
x

OlderButWiser Wrote:Why not ask him to come along to the club while your performing, and then make a super show of being with him after you finish your set.

It sends a message to him (that you love him) and sends a message to everyone else that you're taken!

Win- Win situation then :-)

ObW
x

I'd buy extra drinks, pay extra tips and generally have a blast watching this! Very sweet suggestion. Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

The problem I see in that (having never met either of you) is that dancers toe the line of being politely distant, while at the same time indulging the fantasy of being everyone's boyfriend while onstage. Making too much of a show with one person (while at work) can be a detriment to repeat clientele, while having your boyfriend watch you be sweet to other people can be a detriment to your relationship (again, I've never met him, maybe he can handle it).