Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Bible tells me so
pellaz Wrote:dude / boo... you not a prophet.
and i know i am not

Dude, I can see your problem now, you're a literalist. Not everything is meant to be taken literally. Not even the BIBLE <gasp!> That's a sign of very narrow thinking.

The first lesson was "figures of speech".

This lesson is called "expressions" or perhaps "aphorisms".

Get with the program would ya?

my partner fell asleep after watching the final episode of a tv show we were seeing. so we may see the video tonight. He sounded like he wanted to see it.

The LGBT, who's symbol is the rainbow, i an so amazed the amount of hate put on them. Now that there are more options for a gay; a whole generation of LGBT will never see the inside of a church in reaction to the hate.

I hear the frustration of a few devote Christians on this forum. A boy friend went to an organization called Dignity. Formally based in San Diego CA, now in Austin it is a national US thingy. They have something every Sunday here in Denver as; and here is the linky. They are very christian and accepting. They seemed decent people in the space Catholics hang out in.

I know the Denver Dignity people and met some of them by coincidence last Sunday morning at the coffee shop. It was nice to see old friends again. I asked them about Dignity Denver and they replied they were working on an issue of "HOW TO REPORT PEDOPHILE ABUSE".
WTF.
I told them it is against the law and anyone have information they should call the police. THEY STILL LOOKED DUMB FOUNDED and asked me what a procedure should look like to report the abuse. I suggested anyone can call 911; give their name and set an appointment to see a detective.

This conversation actually happened last Sunday.:eek:

I think this issue, of religious gays, is one that gets consistently downplayed by both the religious and the gay communities.

Being both extremely religious and also gay, and given my disposition to counseling, I have found that religious gays are, perhaps, some of the most mentally tormented people.

It's hard enough to be gay in an overall society that is generally not tolerant of gays. It's even harder when the surrounding society is of a religious nature that you yourself ascribe to. Many religious gays feel the only option is to leave the faith, which often can leave them disgruntled and callous towards their former religion. And then there are those who, finding no reconciliation, attempt to take their own lives or, unfortunately, succeed in doing so.

The solution is maturity, compassion, and, ultimately, focusing on the good as opposed to the bad. On the one hand you have religious communities which have been and continue to be oppressive of gays. This results in many gays being anti-religion. Such anti-religious feelings can cause tension between both sides. Ultimately, the problem is that usually neither side is willing to compromise or even discuss compromise. This usually results in the depression of those who are caught in the middle.

Thankfully, advances are being made on both fronts and someday, so I think, religion will coincide quite peacefully with lifestyles that are different from it.

Either way, it's a good documentary. Heart-breaking. There is no issue which rests so heavily on my heart as this one.

WalkingParadox Wrote:... many gays being anti-religion. Such anti-religious feelings can cause tension between both sides. Ultimately, the problem is that usually neither side is willing to compromise or even discuss compromise. This usually results in the depression of those who are caught in the middle ...
gay, straight or bi EVERYONE has their unique belief system. Your wrong that it has to be based on a rigorous single teaching, and that it is never changing for that person.

pellaz Wrote:gay, straight or bi EVERYONE has their unique belief system. Your wrong that it has to be based on a rigorous single teaching, and that it is never changing for that person.

You're right. I was wrong to assume that all religious gays are of that nature. However, there are gays who do sincerely believe that their participation in same sex sexual acts is morally forbidden. However, wrong that idea may be, it's out there.