Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is love?
GENOCIDE (Genesis 7: 23)
ETHNIC CLEANSING (Jeremiah 50: 21-22 et al)
INFANTICIDE (Exodus 12: 29-30)
MURDER (2 Samuel 6: 3-7 et al)
SLAVERY (Ephesians 6:5 el al)
SEX TRAFFICING (Deuteronomy 21: 10-14 et al)
RAPE (Deuteronomy 20: 10-14 et al)
PUNISHING THE INNOCENT (Genesis 3)
EXTORTION (John 6: 40, Revelations 20: 15)
KILLING PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS (Deuteronomy 13: 13-19)

IF GOD IS LOVE, HITLER DESERVED A NOBEL PEACE PRIZE

Dude...don't get me started on religion, lol.

Mick

bluefox4000 Wrote:Dude...don't get me started on religion, lol.

Mick

OK, just ignore me then.

LONDONER Wrote:GENOCIDE (Genesis 7: 23)
ETHNIC CLEANSING (Jeremiah 50: 21-22 et al)
INFANTICIDE (Exodus 12: 29-30)
MURDER (2 Samuel 6: 3-7 et al)
SLAVERY (Ephesians 6:5 el al)
SEX TRAFFICING (Deuteronomy 21: 10-14 et al)
RAPE (Deuteronomy 20: 10-14 et al)
PUNISHING THE INNOCENT (Genesis 3)
EXTORTION (John 6: 40, Revelations 20: 15)
KILLING PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS (Deuteronomy 13: 13-19)

IF GOD IS LOVE, HITLER DESERVED A NOBEL PEACE PRIZE

THANK YOU for that!!!

And

"Amen" brother!!!!

Don't bring up anything anti-christian.

dvdbrn will get all butthurt and start accusing you of persecuting him lol

Yep.....this thread will either get "shut down" or become one big bitchfest.

Whats the saying?

"You done opened the flood gates now"!!

gaynproud Wrote:Don't bring up anything anti-christian.

dvdbrn will get all butthurt and start accusing you of persecuting him lol

Hmmm.

-------------------------------

And this is to say that while he, a christian, may have feelings about the matter that they, those feelings are not valid?

Actually as a man of faith I get hurt feelings every time someone opens the mouth in a negative way against 'Christianity' or other religions.

but then as a gay man I am used to persecution - so I have a tough skin and don't say much about it.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Hmmm.

And this is to say that while he, a christian, may have feelings about the matter that they, those feelings are not valid?

Actually as a man of faith I get hurt feelings every time someone opens the mouth in a negative way against 'Christianity' or other religions.

but then as a gay man I am used to persecution - so I have a tough skin and don't say much about it.

Curious as to what part's of the Bible you recognize as holy. The second book of Timothy and perhaps even the first now widely believed to not be by the real Paul, Revelation just a complete, err (well, I'm sure you've read it :o ), the ending of the Gospel of Mark now understood to be a later ending, the Gospel of Thomas and some lost gospel Q now understood to be earlier, the fact that when lining up the gospel's not by how they are ordered in modern Bible's but from the earliest to the latest we see an evolution from the most simplistic to the most fantastic, the fact that the story of Jesus saving the adulteress perhaps one of the most beautiful stories the Bible has given was absent from the holy stack of bibles for a thousand years, the fact that as Mark does not explain his birth it would seem Jesus birth story was created to perhaps justify his birth in the land of David and the irrational rationalization of his claim to be the Messiah of being "called out of Egypt" Matthew 2:15 which was not a prophesy at all, the enchanting evolution of the Judas character of going from a man who they didn't expect at the last supper who then killed himself in guilt in the early gospels to a man they did suspect at the dinner table who then pranced around in greed and was stuck dead...

I'm an atheist and I just find the whole thing fascinating and I know you seem to be really educated on scripture what with you studying it in college and all.

I have wondered before if god is up there with hitler and stalin. But my view is not to get god mixed up with religion, that maybe very simple but there you go. though ive read a bit on christianity an islam. I think sometimes of free will when i think gods a ****

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Hmmm.

Come on, be fair now.....nobody is persecuting you.
Not on here anyway.

Seriously, I could talk theology all day long....I am SO fascinated by the subject.
But I dont believe in any of it. Why? Because there is absolutely NO proof of any kind that any religion is nothing more than a way to control and abuse people...yet millions keep believing in all of these illusions and fantasy stories, mainly to absolve themselves of any wrong doing.

I am a literal and logical minded person. And I have had one of those logic tests which placed me along the same "logical thinking" as Stephen Hawking and Einstein. Yeah, I dont believe it either, but I took the test three times and it came out the same each time. No, Im not smart like them....I just have the same logical reasoning as they do.

Nobody wants to demean or persecute you on here, Im sure. This is just a discussion of someones logical stand behind what they believe.

Cant we all just get along and have a constructive debate?
Bighug