Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God or No God/Science
I believe in a universe (meaning existance within and outside the known universe) of pure chaos, where anything goes.

The reason why the universe as we know it is ruled by physical laws and such, is simply because in a universe of absolute chaos, there would be a place of order. Where things make sense. That's the universe. The Expansion of the universe is because order begets order.

I may be wrong, but personally think this makes more sense then nothingness existing outside the universe, or that a single being, no matter how powerful, could plan such a complex creation as the universe.

I was raised in a house where I was allowed to choose what I believe.

I was raised in a house where talking about religion or politics was taboo, what you believe is what you believe.

No discussion, no disagreement, respect = no war Smile

I love my mummy Smile

I believe science is a good way to explain our material world, to take a look at the blueprint in everyday things. However, within the human experience I do believe there are things that cannot be explained by science. I believe that there is more to our existence and the events within our existence. The very prospect of life seems to be a miracle in itself.

Religion, in and of itself, has quite a bit of wisdom to it. I think it's another scope through which our lives can be examined or explained. Whether or not any of them are a complete guide to what the afterlife may be is something that none of us are capable of understanding until our deaths.

I've always envisioned the material universe as a manifestation of the divine (as opposed to being a dichotomy with the spirit world as most mainstream religions seem to see it).

And I believe in free will, though it has to be exercised (with some level of introspection) or it's easily lost (so that we respond almost robotically, though in a very emotional and/or irrational way). Some people even reject their free will (typically out of fear) and live according to someone else's dictates (including in how to respond to other people).

And my granny forbid anyone to talk of religion or politics when eating at the table. She said it was mostly because doing so was bad for digestion, but also to prevent fights (and even possible violence). I've come to realize just how wise a rule that was.