Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going insane
Cinestry Wrote:I've been sitting here hysterically laughing and crying at the same time like a complete idiot and I just NEED to get this out:
I AM FINALLY GOING TO THE UNITED STATES! Omg!
I have been dreaming of going to America ever since I couldn't even pronounce it right and I have been studying my ass off for 7 years to get to go to a university over there and today it happened... I think I'm dreaming :') (I hope I'm not)

*Pinches Cinestry*

So are you dreaming?

Well done.... and best of wishes!

...I saw where you pinched him. Well done. Smile

Lex

Thanks everyone (: you're all making me even happier and more excited to go!
I seriously never expected this to happen.. I was in class when this girl said the results had been sent, but as there's some problem with my email I couldn't check it on my phone and had to get home to my laptop first, I'm pretty sure I ran out as some bull gone wild lol :')

Congratulations Cinestry! What will you be studying? Do you start in the fall? Yes, New Mexico is full of cowboys, Indians, artists, fugitives, hippies, con men, and a host of other characters. Albuquerque is a great base for exploring out in all directions. When you get to Taos look me up. Maybe I could show you around.

Congrats! Smile

Camfer Wrote:Congratulations Cinestry! What will you be studying? Do you start in the fall? Yes, New Mexico is full of cowboys, Indians, artists, fugitives, hippies, con men, and a host of other characters. Albuquerque is a great base for exploring out in all directions. When you get to Taos look me up. Maybe I could show you around.

I was just starting to calm down, until you mentioned both cowboys AND Indians haha :')
I'll start in the fall yes, I think their academic year starts sometime mid August. I'll probably just keep on studying linguistics and English, as I need those courses for my degree here in Scotland, but if I hace some space left in my timetable I'll definitely do some Spanish as well Smile

New Mexico isn't really "full" of anything. It's very very empty. Part of its charm, really. Smile

Lex

Congratulations! Nothing broadens your horizons like travel! Wink New Mexico is a fantastic state and it really does give you a good idea of how BIG America is!

~Beaux

Where in New Mexico? I think NM is slightly larger than the netherworld, I mean Netherlands....

I'm in Albuquerque - population 700,000 (million billion - its very crowded Wink)

It seems nice enough, people keep waving at me or waving me away - uncertain which. Wavey :biggrin:

Well good you are getting the chance to find out what your dream is really like. Don't be too surprised at how third world America has become. Oh and mind your manners around cops, look homeful - they shoot the homeless in these parts.

Other than that have fun - where applicable, as long as state law allows...

Congratulations lad, well done. Smile