Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going insane
Thank you! And things really do seem to be working out too well haha, I still don't really dare believing it's going to happen even though the people from my uni said it is extremely rare that plans get cancelled at this point (yes I asked them if it was for real lol)

[Image: 9db.gif]
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Take it from someone whose lived here there whole life, trust me your not missing much, the people are rude loud and obnoxious, everybody has opinions on things they know little about, the food sucks unless we stole it from another country/culture, the music sucks, our politicians suck, our news sucks, our
pundits suck more than a thai massage parlist, the massage parlors suck, your better off sticking with canada, it the citizens there are nice to a default:biggrin:

jaxc Wrote:Take it from someone whose lived here there whole life, trust me your not missing much, the people are rude loud and obnoxious, everybody has opinions on things they know little about, the food sucks unless we stole it from another country/culture, the music sucks, our politicians suck, our news sucks, our
pundits suck more than a thai massage parlist, the massage parlors suck, your better off sticking with canada, it the citizens there are nice to a default:biggrin:

That's exactly what I said about my home country until I left, you might secretly appreciate all those things that 'suck' more than you realise Wink

Cinestry Wrote:That's exactly what I said about my home country until I left, you might secretly appreciate all those things that 'suck' more than you realise Wink
Doubt it, i'm too cynical and nihilistic to be convinced otherwise:biggrin:

cool! have fun at unm!

I hope [MENTION=22271]Cinestry[/MENTION] likes spicy food. The New Mexico state question officially is, "Red or Green?" That refers to the local chile which is eaten oh 2 - 3 times a day by a lot of people. If you can't decide, you just say, "Christmas," and then you get both. If you don't like spicy then you ask which is milder. Could be either. Finally if you don't like chile at all, keep it to yourself, because if you admit it, people will look at you like you're absolutely insane.

In New Mexico chile is a chile pepper that is either chopped or dried and ground. It bears no relation to chili, which is some dish from Texas containing beans and ground beef.

New Mexico cuisine is quite different from food elsewhere in the US.

Camfer Wrote:Finally if you don't like chile at all, keep it to yourself, because if you admit it, people will look at you like you're absolutely insane.

That's gonna be me, unfortunately :p The first time I ate spicy food was last year when I stayed with a friend whose father was from India. He had made us food, I took one bite and for the whole week my lips acted like they got sunburned, as in the skin came off lol I'm in trouble when it comes to food next year I think :')