Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going on a date. Sickly nervous.
good luck Wade!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Alright it's dark around that lake now. Wade is either out having fun or home thinking about music. Stay tuned for the full report!

Report!

So I got back a couple hours ago. Overall, it went pretty well. He's very sweet. He was clearly very nervous (as some suggested he might be) and I was able to relax pretty fast. We walked around the lake, sat at a bench and talked for a while, got some food. It was all very pleasant. He's very hard to read, but I think he had an alright time. We're texting at the moment, so that's a good sign, and I'm pretty sure we're going to see each other again.

Thank you so much everyone who said nice and encouraging things to me. You guys are all far too nice and I honestly feel very fortunate to be a part of this community and to receive such support. It made today that much easier (particularly the lead up to today I should say).

Thanks again!

We all have some idea in our heads about how things *ought* to be in some ideal sense…

Reality is usually NOT like that. And, IMO, that's a GOOD thing -- although at times it can seem disappointing or less than satisfying.

I just think its great that you actually MET someone IRL! It's hard, you know, perfect strangers, so full of expectation and uncertainty, fumbling through the awkwardness of getting to know one another… hoping there is some there, there.

From my POV, its just awesome when two human beings TRY to make something work -- even if it doesn't work out. At least they TRIED -- as opposed to sitting at home hiding inside some fictional world mediated by electronic gadgetry.

Anyway, Xyxthumbs [MENTION=18396]Wade[/MENTION]

I'm proud of and happy for you Wade! Xyxthumbs Way to go man!

Betcha he is thinking how lucky he is to have met youClap

Nice man! See, we're always afraid at the beginning but the more we talk to the person, the more comfortable we get. I hope this goes somewhere for you!! Congrats!

And for all you know, he almost passed out on the way there because he was so nervous himself!

Ah good news [MENTION=18396]Wade[/MENTION]

Let's hope you get that second date. Don't force things, let things to flow naturally

Wadino, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You are a lovely person yourself, and I'm guessing some of it must have transpired in your conversations in the past few days. I don't see why he WOULDN'T be interested in meeting you. So are you sure you haven't just eaten something bad and your guts are just reacting to some bad ingestion of bad food?

In case this is only psychological angst, well maybe you should get out your guitar and compose a song to play him at the pond.... or when you bring him home.

It may be that your expectations are so high of him that you are afraid of disappointing and then feeling let down, if he wishes to discontinue your ''relationship''. For the moment, all it is is an online friendship. There's nothing wrong with meeting a friend, even one you've never met before.
You can plan a few openers (for conversation) by reviewing what you've been discussing recently and by having a few follow-up questions to ask him. You should not feel nervous, but you could show that you have taken in the topics of conversation between you and now wish to learn more.
Sum up what you know to him and follow it with a few questions to further your understanding (something like : "So you remember when we were talking about what films we liked, and I said I liked science fiction, you said you might go and see .... X ... Have you managed to see it yet? If he has: "So did you enjoy it? Why? Why not? Oh you've not seen it? Shall we go together? )

Wade Wrote:Report!

So I got back a couple hours ago. Overall, it went pretty well. He's very sweet. He was clearly very nervous (as some suggested he might be) and I was able to relax pretty fast. We walked around the lake, sat at a bench and talked for a while, got some food. It was all very pleasant. He's very hard to read, but I think he had an alright time. We're texting at the moment, so that's a good sign, and I'm pretty sure we're going to see each other again.

Thank you so much everyone who said nice and encouraging things to me. You guys are all far too nice and I honestly feel very fortunate to be a part of this community and to receive such support. It made today that much easier (particularly the lead up to today I should say).

Thanks again!

What are friends for ???
My answer to your situation came a bit late, and I hadn't read about your first date, but now, the advice given previously is still good for a new date.

Wade Wrote:I died laughing. Thank you. You're absolutely right.

So the thought of the gorgeous boy resussitated you??? hehe.