Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going out on a limb here. Serious critiques and all wanted.
This is the logical direction to go after my last post about the way we (ALL the people who suffer the consequences for voting for the most believable demagogue gay, straight or who gives a fuck ) are being used manipulated by politicians religious leaders, media and basement bloggers. I want serious input in GS before I go viral with this... I'm ready to shake things up and start sending a more refined version of this to EVERYONE. No one seems to be stepping forward to mend the wounds over gay marriage but everyone is poking sticks in the wounds. As far as I'm concerned I'm going to do my best to reach across and make friends across on the other side and fuck the politicians religious leaders, media and basement bloggers...

It starts after this.....................................................................................................

Whether you agree with me or not, or even if you are possibly repulsed or not by what I’ve written please continue. I’m not writing this to divide us further. My purpose is to bring us together. I mean that. keep your heart open and just read. Please.

June 26th 2015 shortly after six in the morning my man was already in the shower. I was still in bed and turned on the television news. There is was on the flat screen; the Supreme Court of the United States had ruled in favor of gay marriage. We had a moment of pure joy before we started listening. After a few minutes he headed back to finish his shower and said, “now there’s no reason for people to go on fighting about it. Everyone needs to work together, to try to heal wounds and move on. Together.”

Today is July 3rd 2015. The rhetoric from the pro and anti gay cults hasn’t even gone down a decibel. It’s increased in some ways. It’s as if politicians, religious leaders on both sides as well as the media and bloggers pretending to be journalists are doing their best to continue to pull the nation in half over an issue that really has nothing to do with politics, religion,media or basement bloggers. It has to do with equal consideration under the laws and Constitution of the United States of America. That’s all.

In spite of the embarrassingly desperate and idiotic rhetoric of some opponents of gays being treated equally, there’s no such thing as gay rights. If you believe gays having all the rights you and everyone like you are guaranteed in some way give us special rights then you should be honest and admit you are supporting tyranny of the majority over the minority. My good buddy Thomas Jefferson said some powerful words about that in his 1801 inaugural address.

“During the contest of opinion through which we have passed the animation of discussions and of exertions has sometimes worn an aspect which might impose on strangers unused to think freely and to speak and to write what they think; but this being now decided by the voice of the nation, announced according to the rules of the Constitution, all will, of course, arrange themselves under the will of the law, and unite in common efforts for the common good. All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression.”

The reason the Supreme Court interceded in this issue was not to inconvenience wedding cake bakers or florists or to disrupt the religious freedom of one person in this nation or to take sides in a political debate. They did so because the majority had not kept in mind as Thomas Jefferson’s admonishment to the majority to be rightful and reasonable (so) that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression.

In a democracy, a democracy based in equality, the majority should feel a moral obligation to protect equal consideration of minorities under the laws. To do otherwise is tyranny of the majority, brutal mob mentality. If you feel otherwise, if you truly believe responsible law abiding, charitable, hard working, wounded war veterans such as myself and well educated immigrant doctors like my man deserve less than equal consideration under the laws of the nation I love with all my heart and he is embracing with an appreciation that most Americans no longer have, then you are the problem with the United States in 2015.
The only things really keeping you and me from being able to work this whole issue out between ourselves is the politicians, religious leaders, media and bloggers who are making fortunes and wielding clout by keeping you and I so mad at each other by continuing to stir up issues you and I can work out between ourselves over a few cups of coffee. You’re as human as I am. Your work hard, do your best to make your neighbors glad you’re their neighbor. I bet you support most of the charities I do. American Legion, Humane Shelter, anything my alma mater high school asks for, I spend more money on gifts for kids living in givernment subsidized housing than on my my family and friends. I was up to three in the morning this past Christmas putting bikes together and delivering them. I’m working double time to be accepted as your equal. Just give me and people like me a chance. Please. Just get to know me or someone like me. Stop taking the word of polticians, religious leaders, media and bloggers of who I am.

Are you as worried about other things besides whether two men can get married as I am? I’d put off marrying man for twenty years if I thought you’d help me beat sense in the politicians, religious leaders, media and bloggers who are doing their best to keep you and me from having an honest heart to heart conversation.

I don’t want to take one thing from you. I don’t want to hurt you, your kids or your dog. All I want is to be treated equal under the laws and courts like you are. If you want to come meet me in person there’s one condition. You’re going to have to pick me out of a crowd of my friends. Seventy five percent of them are like you. The only differences are who I lie down next to when I turn off the lights and the fact I feel like I need to beg and fight to get the same on the same level you’re on.

I am not your enemy and you are not mine. But the politicians, religious leaders, media and bloggers are working their boney asses off to keep you and me thinking otherwise. Just sit down and have coffee with me, tell it like it is right from your heart why you don’t like me. I can take it and not huff up on you or put you down for it. I bet between you and me we can work this out and agree on everything but shit that doesn’t matter in the long run before we drink two cups. I’ll pay.

I suppose it's noteworthy that at least one of you was nude when the verdict was passed. My opinion is that you should go ahead and go viral--here you are just preaching to the choir. I imagine it's tough living where you live, and for that I applaud you.

Virge...I think it is a noble idea...and you very well may be able to reach a few people...but the ones we get the most crap from believe they are doing "God's work".....and that is powerful mojo.

There is a reason I believe in God...and define God for myself....but hate religion. Religion is used to brainwash people...and control the masses....though that kinda backfires all the time LOL

Now...I will explain something alot of people either don't understand or disagree with me about. Fred Phelps.....he did more for us than any single other person ever has...or ever will. I wasn't kidding when I said I was holding vigil for him..and lighting candles praying for his recovery....because his valuable contribution did not go unnoticed by me....

I would put that fucker on the gay dollar bill.

People say alot that they have never seen public opinion change so fast..and to be sure there are alot of factors here..but Fred Phelps is the cherry on that fucking cake....and so I would let the rest of the pretend Jesus lovers help us as well. Everyone once in awhile I will take a few minutes to "get to know my enemy"...and MY GOD>..they are getting even worse.....(crosses fingers)

I wish I had time to finish my thoughts but it is almost 5 AM and I have to get on the road....Happy 4th...and I will finish later because I have at least one more thing I think is important to the conversation...

It might be more effective to remove the "you are the problem" phrase, if you're asking people to have an open heart and befriend you.

BEFORE YOU GO VIRAL.. FIRST

1. study the most common arguments against your points.
*build a database of the arguments and counter arguments, use good keywords for cntrl+f to find*

2. debate yourself or find someone willing to play devils advocate (find your own weaknesses before an opponent does) generally a SINGLE WORD will be the flaw in your Armour and can bring your whole argument down.

3. decide early on how to deal with different individuals IE incredibly religious, homophobic, completely uneducated (gay plagues etc..) etc. By this I mean when they challenge you do you respond or not because IF you respond to one but not the other it may be seen as weakness to the readers unless you have a pattern.

4. depending on HOW you go "viral" expect confrontation online and perhaps in the flesh, be careful what info you give about yourself online on physical locations/assets even potential future employers can find tons of things with the power of google so be VERY careful what you type!
***********************************************************************************************
Id imagine GS users could help you out a ton on #2 Smile you could perhaps put a task force against you and a helper or two, head to the chat feature and have a few rounds before you go public once you think you have ironed out your message and prepared any and all counter arguments Smile

but as to critiquing what you have, personally I agree with camfer.
word your post less personally with all of the "you's" as to decrease chance of offense, don't say cult, generally people see a cult as a small (evil Tongue) religious group and I don't think cult could accurately be used for any large and generally acknowledged religion especially your most likely readers (christian) Tongue, type more casually as if it were someone you were just meeting ^_^

Ill keep an eye on this as Id like to see this message "out there" Smile, hope I helped!

Well. You're not saying anything all that radical here.

Except that from what I see......a huge number of people in the US don't understand that they don't live in a theocratic direct democracy.

But give this another week to pass out of the news cycle and you'll see everyone simmer down when there the apocalypse doesn't come.

Rareboy Wrote:Well. You're not saying anything all that radical here.

Except that from what I see......a huge number of people in the US don't understand that they don't live in a theocratic direct democracy.

But give this another week to pass out of the news cycle and you'll see everyone simmer down when there the apocalypse doesn't come.

u mean this ISNT the apocalypse already? Rolleyes

Thanks for good criticism from Cumfar and Slimy Bullet (aka East Jr if you go by avatar) I'm going to edit that and go with it.....

I'm headed to forums news boards that will probably ban me as fast as I post it. So much for Freedom of Speech eh?

There's no need to do a database or consider their arguments because..........
#1 . They have none based in fact or reason....
#2 . I know them by heart.... and prolly so do you and everyone else.

@East@Camfer@SilverBullet

"slimy bullet"? psh... u jealous my avatar is so adorable!

SilverBullet Wrote:"slimy bullet"? psh... u jealous my avatar is so adorable!

Hahahahhaa! I was just being stupid... I was totally blah about cats until a couple here moved overseas and had to get rid of their cats... two male Maine Coons both close to 30 lbs and over a meter from nose to tip of tail. Love em. So do the dogs... and everyone else.... once they get over the shock of giant sized felines.