Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going out to eat....
When you go out to eat...what kind of food/restaurant is your favorite?

What do you avoid or hate?

For me...

A good Seafood Restaurant is my favorite....and it has to be FRESH seafood. I am spoiled too...I live close enough to the ocean and I expect to see fisherman and boats hanging out LOL

After that....

Likes....

Italian
Middle Eastern
Chinese
Mexican
Salvadoran
Grilled Chicken Restaurants
Greek
Breakfast Restaurants (They have to be good privately owned ones)

Dislikes...

Chain Restaurants with canned foods
Steak Houses
Vietnamese
Thai
Fast Food

I have found one really lovely and good Greek restaurant in the city I live - usually got there if I get to decide Tongue

I don't like foods that are spiced so hot that all you can taste is burning hot... If one can even say that's a taste.

I couldn't choose just one!!

But at the end of the day...if there is a great seafood restaurant....I will vote to go there because my partner is allergic to shellfish...so we don't have it very often.

Just about everything else, we cook at home.

Watermark Wrote:I have found one really lovely and good Greek restaurant in the city I live - usually got there if I get to decide Tongue

I don't like foods that are spiced so hot that all you can taste is burning hot... If one can even say that's a taste.

Yeah...I love Greek food (Greek men aren't so bad either Smile )

I like some spice but flaming hot....no. I particularly like Chinese Schezwan and also I love Spicy Avocado and also a mild to medium spicy/heat Chili Verde...

...but hot food that really burns your mouth ...I find that you can't even taste the food...

Rareboy Wrote:I couldn't choose just one!!

But at the end of the day...if there is a great seafood restaurant....I will vote to go there because my partner is allergic to shellfish...so we don't have it very often.

Just about everything else, we cook at home.

I know...hard to pick one for me too but seafood is usually my first choice assuming I am close enough and it is fresh...and I am in the mood...

The really good seafood restaurants I think understand that some people are allergic and go out of their way to make good dishes that aren't seafood in a separate area to avoid any contact with shellfish.... and they also have good vegan alternatives...

East Wrote:Yeah...I love Greek food (Greek men aren't so bad either Smile )

I like some spice but flaming hot....no. I particularly like Chinese Schezwan and also I love Spicy Avocado and also a mild to medium spicy/heat Chili Verde...

...but hot food that really burns your mouth ...I find that you can't even taste the food...

Haha! Yeah definitely don't mind them serving me... some good food Tongue

My favorite is Indian...

Then...Vietnamese, Korean, Thai...
Middle Eastern, Portuguese...
Haitian...

Don't much like Italian, Steak House type restaurants...
Delicatessens...
Places that offer "home style cooking"...who the hell wants to go out for freaking meatloaf?

I generally like burgers and fries or a steakhouse, but I'm open to any type of food.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:I generally like burgers and fries or a steakhouse, but I'm open to any type of food.

^^^ THIS. Burgers are my quick and easy go-to fast food. It's almost impossible to screw up a burger, no matter where you get it.

Mexican food can be bad/soggy. Italian too spicy/over cooked. Sea food sketchy... unless you know the place you really take a risk in what you order... but hamburgers are practically always a sure thing... everywhere.

Any Legal Seafood fans here?

I no longer go out to enough places to worry about it, but I used to enjoy places with really fine settings and service as well as great food. I could enjoy gettng dressed up and going out to eat. That doesn't happen any more.
I bid NO Trump!