Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affermative action: yes or no?
And my own contribution to the vids of Asian stereotypes and such:

Pix Wrote:And my own contribution to the vids of Asian stereotypes and such:

It might be because it's 5 AM here and I'm sleep deprived but I love you so much for posting this video!

Pix, I didn't know you are Asian.

What bothers me in this particular question is the fact that most women I know are pro-affermative action, and I'm against it as someone who's VERY unlikely to experience discrimination by potential employees as a white male. I'm VERY much opposed to the concept but I sort of feel like my thoughts aren't all that relevant.

I've tried to sort of neutralize my privilege check by focusing on my homosexuality but it didn't work.

Pix Wrote:And my own contribution to the vids of Asian stereotypes and such:

This one by far came closest to my reaction to "what ARE you?" questions. Just insert a Blackfoot phrase when the guy says "Oh I'm just American."

lol.. how did this turn into sharing funny videos of Asian stereotypes?

I'm not Asian in any sense of the word but this amused the crap out of me:

I think Buzzer and I shared because they are things we've had to deal with, being half Asian ourselves. Why don't you guys some of you share the stereotypes of your own race? I'm very curious.

Oh yeah, it goes back to the privilege thing. Being white is the "norm" that everything else is compared to. So no one ever shares stereotypes about that. But I'd like to see some and have a good laugh!

Uneunsae Wrote:I think Buzzer and I shared because they are things we've had to deal with, being half Asian ourselves. Why don't you guys some of you share the stereotypes of your own race? I'm very curious.

Oh yeah, it goes back to the privilege thing. Being white is the "norm" that everything else is compared to. So no one ever shares stereotypes about that. But I'd like to see some and have a good laugh!

Having grown up in East Texas, including a really rural region (so small that many maps won't even list the town) I know this guy is popular:

However, it's only because he identifies as redneck. Anyone else who made fun of rednecks that way would be reviled (and called "racist" if not white).

Btw, I'm not Asian. But I was in a relationship with a blasian (black plus Asian) for many years.