Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to a gay bar for the first time!
So some friends of mine have invited me out to a gay Barr tonight. Maybe it's too soon but I really don't want to sit at home alone tonight. I'm a bit apprehensive about it. I've only been to one bar in my life (a straight bar in a hotel I was staying in) and there were only three other people there including the bartender. Could someone tell me what to expect?

You are 35 and have only been to 1 pub?

I've heard it varies allot from place to place...

But I've never been to a gay bar (or a straight bar either)

Marc Wrote:You are 35 and have only been to 1 pub?

Yep! That's what happens when you grow up in a strict Southern Baptist home and you try to convince yourself and everyone else that you're straight and you've been married since you were 22!

if your not having a good time you must leave

Well I haven't even gone yet so I don't know if I'll have a good time or not. I just don't want to be at home alone tonight.

Hello,
The best thing to do with a gaybar is treat it as if it was a straight bar... Your have a good time im sure just relax and mingle with p[eople.. First time can be scary i do admit as i remember my first time but whehn you think logic... Your cash as good as everyone elses

Kindest regards

Zeon x

Go for it. Especially if there's a drag show. Wink You could use a good time with some friends. People are there for the same reasons people are at straight bars (mostly...not many drag shows at straight bars hehe). Just be cool, have fun and don't forget to tip your bartender.

Well I don't know about the drag show, but I definitely want to go and relax and have a good time.

I hope you have good time! Just relax and take it as new experience.